So, what is the KitchenAid burr grinder? Often, we have come across the saying, ‘if you are going to do it, do it right.’ This statement holds true in every walk of life. Something as small as coffee beans can be taken under its account.
Yes, the performance and the type of your coffee grinder can determine how your coffee will smell and taste at the end of the day. Therefore, it is important that you choose the right appliance for the brewing process. Read on as we go over a comprehensive KitchenAid burr grinder review.
Of course, you will find hundreds of types of ground coffee at your local retail store, which are ready to brew without waiting. Why not simply buy that? Well, it comes down to whether you are okay with a simple and plain cup of coffee or you crave the best-brewed coffee.
KitchenAid: About the Brand
Acquired by Whirlpool in 1986, KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand that was started in 1919 by the Hobart Corporation. The company was first introduced as a brand name for an electric stand mixer. Then the company began producing more mixers, with dishwashers as its second line of products.
The company became wildly popular, especially during the 1920s and the 1930s, all thanks to the electric stand mixer. During this time, many attachments were developed for mixing a different variety of food and including the first electric coffee mill.
Today, the company markets and manufactures a full-line of premium home and kitchen appliances like automatic washing machines, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, refrigerators, cooktops, conventional ovens, microwaves and, of course, burr grinders.
After more than 40 years in the industry, KitchenAid has been recognized as one of the leading companies in the market of kitchen/home appliances.
Top Two KitchenAid Coffee Grinder Appliances
The KitchenAid KCG0702OB Burr Coffee Grinder is a great candidate if you are looking for a new coffee grinder. This sturdy appliance will not move an inch during the grinding process.
Designed for nothing less than commercial performance and reliability, this coffee grinder will take care of all your coffee needs. Everything fitted into this appliance is geared to the highest standards.
Known for manufacturing the best kitchen appliances, this KitchenAid automatic coffee grinder is just one of the many products the company has put out after many years of dedicated service. This burr grinder is an advancement in the world of coffee pulverizers.
While this model might be a bit more expensive than many others, this investment will be worth every penny if you are looking for versatility and quality in your coffee. The cost of the appliance derives directly from the quality of its parts.
This KitchenAid grinder made a name for itself immediately after it hit the market. Some of its best features include:
- Design: Most people would agree with the fact that this KitchenAid grinder is very beautiful to look at. While the appliance may come in three different colors, all of them have a very distinctive retro look which imply professionalism.
The appliance looks like a huge hourglass that is sitting upon a sewing machine. The entire body of this coffee bean burr grinder is made of stainless steel and solid metal. The onyx-black color will match the rest of your kitchen decor. Even the power button of the appliance applies. It’s not just a plastic button. The grinder looks very grand.
- Durability: Just like every one of its other products, KitchenAid does not joke around when it comes to the durability of its appliances. The KitchenAid KCG0702OB grinder may look like a retro appliance with a plastic glass that won’t last for more than a year. But, appearances can be deceiving.
The appliance is made up of metal construction that is guaranteed to last for several years. The bean hopper and the coffee receivers are glass, which eliminates the problem of scratches or the toxicity of BPA getting into your coffee. Perhaps the best news is that all the parts are easily replaceable by the company if damaged.
- Performance: This coffee grinder features double precision cutting burrs made of stainless steel that will grind your coffee beans consistently. Consistency is everything when it comes to ground coffee. This will determine the aroma and the taste of your coffee. Also, the burrs turn at a low speed of 450 RPM.
This generates much less heat than blades and preserves the quality and flavor of the coffee. Whether it is a medium fine pour or a coarse precision, you will definitely enjoy the fresh taste and aroma of your coffee in a less amount of time.
- The appliance is very durable and sturdy
- The glass containers are tough and will not crack easily
- The excellent grind comprises 15 settings
- The appliance is dishwasher-friendly
- There is no handle for the collection cup
- The appliance can be noisy for some customers
- You can only grind coffee here
The KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill is also a great choice for a coffee grinder. This is a durable appliance that will ensure that the grinding process goes very smoothly. It is designed for the best performance and will take care of all your coffee-related needs. You will only see the highest standard gears on this appliance.
This KitchenAid automatic coffee grinder is one of the best kitchen appliances in the market today. This model is not expensive like the above but still gives other coffee grinders in the same price range a run for their money.
While the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill may be a little new in the market, it has already started to make waves. Some of its best features include:
- Consistency: While the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill might not be perfect for an espresso, it is great if you are looking for a French press.
The appliance is fitted with two flat-cutting burrs that will make sure that your grinds have the same consistency. The burrs are made in such a way that heating is reduced as much as possible. Thanks to this feature, the ground maintains the original flavor and you will be able to enjoy a reliably tasty cup of coffee.
- Grinding options: You will see about 15 different grind settings on this electric coffee grinder. This will cover more than enough bases for a majority of coffee drinkers. You can make grinds for a normal coffee cup or fine grind espresso for your friends and family.
You need to remember that the grind adjustment will help you preserve and even improve the overall aroma and texture of your coffee, thereby making this model stand out in the crowd of similar models in the same price range.
- Instruction manual: You will receive an instruction manual when you purchase the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill. This instruction manual covers all the important features and information that you should know when it comes to operating the appliance to its full potential.
This instruction manual consists of information about each and every part of the coffee grinding appliance and also their individual roles. The setup guide and a guide to adjust the grind is also included in this manual.
- Thanks to the sturdy design and build, this appliance will last longer than others
- You have 15 grind adjustments available, ranging from fine to coarse
- The KitchenAid Pro Line Series is capable of grinding consistently with its large controls and carafe
- Overall, the brand manufacturing the unit is very reputable
- The coffee carafe is made up of thin glass that can break easily
- The coffee bean container does not have a handle
- The KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee is a bit on the expensive side
Why Should You Grind Your Own Coffee?
In the simplest terms, grinding your own coffee will bring out its real flavor, something that cannot be tasted in store-bought ground coffee. The flavor of coffee comes from the oils in the beans.
These oils need to be extracted in an even manner so that the coffee tastes the best. But in order to extract the flavor of the beans as effectively as possible, you will need the best coffee grinder on the market.
With the help of a grinder, you will be able to grind your coffee beans without much hassle. Additionally, the grinder will also allow you to change the consistency of the grinds, depending on the brewing method you prefer.
You can easily fine-tune the output of your grinder according to your coffee maker and change the flavor of your coffee to a coarser or finer setting. This way you will be able to experience the entire spectrum of flavors that your coffee has to offer.
But, before you choose a grinder, there are two types of grinders you will see in the market, the Burr grinder and the Blade grinder.
Burr Grinder VS Blade Grinder – They’re Not the Same
Blade Grinder: As the name suggests, a blade grinder will indiscriminately chop down the beans. Hence, it is also known as the propeller grinder. The blades chop down the beans in such a way that the coffee grinds are less consistent and uniform. Hence, the flavor of the coffee might not come out as expected.
A blade grinder is a fairly okay appliance. It is a decent option for people on a budget or others wishing to derive multipurpose usability out of the machine to grind other types of food materials. But when it comes to grinding coffee beans, you cannot get the best with a blade grinder.
Burr Grinder: With the help of two serrated and oscillating plates (burrs), the coffee beans are crushed and ground, instead of being cut. This way, the grinders produce uniform-sized grinds. While size does matter when it comes to coffee grinds, uniform grinds make for better consistency.
By adjusting the distance between the burrs, you can determine the size of the grind and its consistency. This type of grinder is more often used by coffee pros and is highly recommended for coffee beans. This type of grinder is the best way to extract the oil from the beans and optimize the overall flavor.
Which One Should You Go For: the KitchenAid KCG0702OB Burr Coffee Grinder or the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill?
If you are looking for a stunning piece of equipment capable of capturing the attention of your guests, then the KitchenAid KCG0702OB Burr Coffee Grinder is the perfect appliance for you. The gadget looks beautiful and sleek and comes in a wide range of colors.
Apart from the obvious appearance, the appliance performs well and is very durable. It can produce a decent and consistent grind in every grind range. You will be able to make almost anything out of it, whether it is a French press, a drip filter or an espresso. It is an excellent choice for all coffee lovers.
On the other hand, the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill is designed to grind coffee in the easiest and simplest manner. Hence, the grinder is extremely easy to clean and does not create a mess like other grinders.
If you are a perfectionist, then the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill is the perfect appliance for you. It is more of a professional coffee grinder and will last for a lifetime. While it might be costlier than the KitchenAid KCG0702OB Burr Coffee Grinder, the KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill is definitely worth the money.
From the above, we have come to know that both the burr grinders are good in their own way. Hence, no matter what type of grinder you choose you will be able to make a more enjoyable and flavorful cup of coffee. If you want to grind coffee beans specifically, then do not go for a blade grinder.
The above two are among the newest and best coffee grinders in the market today. Hopefully, this KitchenAid burr grinder review provides you with all the information you need about these grinders. Grind responsibly and enjoy your caffeinated drinks.