When you are thinking to go green for your environment, why not try the go green in your kitchen with Cuisinart Green Gourmet cookware.
There are many companies that are available in the market at present, which are trying to keep their cookware as toxic free as possible. That means they are trying to use recycled material in the making of the cookware.
Cuisinart is providing a number of options to choose from and today Cuisinart Green Gourmet review is going to help you know more about this 12 piece cookware set.
When you look at the cookware products, from Cuisinart, there are two types of products. One of them is hard anodized cookware and the other type is the tri-ply stainless steel cookware.
This Cuisinart green gourmet is hard anodized and hence they are highly durable and also resistant to daily wear and tear. You will be able to use the 12 piece cookware set without any kind of restrictions as they are highly durable.
Here is a detailed review about the Cuisinart Green Gourmet and this review will comprise of details like its specifications, its important features, cleaning and maintenance information, pros and cons of using this cookware and a little more useful information. That means, by the end of the review, we will help you decide whether this is right for you or not.
So, without wasting any more time, let us get into the review on this 12 piece cookware set from Cuisinart.
Reviewing the Cuisinart Green Gourmet Cookware
Cuisinart is a brand that is popular for making different kinds of kitchen appliances. But this brand is also popular in manufacturing the cookware. This brand has entered the cookware manufacturing market 35 years ago. Since then, this brand has provided the best, high quality and highly durable products for their customers.
Cuisinart green gourmet cookware set is comprised of twelve pieces which can be used for different purposes of cooking. The best part of about all the cookware in this set is they are compatible with any kind of cooktops. You can use them on your gas stoves and also use them on your induction cooktops.
Either way, they are durable and comfortable to use.
Continue reading if you wish to know more about this green gourmet cookware set. We have provided all useful information as part of this review and hope this can help in making the right choice for your own kitchen.
- Brand: Cuisinart
- Item Dimensions: 22.28 x 13.58 x 7.08 inches
- Number of pieces: 12 pieces – 8-inch skillet, 10-inch lidded deep frying pan, quart lidded sauce pans – 1 ½ and 2 ½, 3-quart lidded pan, 6 quart lidded Dutch Oven and also steam inserter.
- Material: Hard Anodized Aluminum without the use of PFOA and PTFE
- Color: Black
- Finish: Non-stick finish
- Weight: 24.9 pounds
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
Have a look at the useful features of Cuisinart green gourmet 12 piece cookware that I found. These features can help you make a choice…
- Non-Stick interior:
- The interior of the Cuisinart green gourmet is smooth and hence it makes cooking easy.
- You need not to use a lot of oil or in fact, you can cook without oil. Using a little oil just to add flavor to the food is sufficient.
- Energy efficient cooking:
- You need not to use a stove with burner size like you have to do with some cookware of this kind.
- A medium size burner is sufficient and you can maintain the flame just touching the cookware. That means, less gas or energy is utilized for cooking on this cookware.
- Simple Stainless handles:
- The handles of the cookware are simple and sleek, which makes it easy for you to handle.
- The handles do not become hot even while cooking and hence it can be cooked and handled without any worries.
- Non-stick ceramic exterior technology:
- The exterior of the 12 piece cookware is smooth and non-stick.
- The design and look of the smooth cookware add a nice look to your kitchen.
- The smooth surface of the cookware is easy to clean. Just hot soapy water and soft scrub pad will clean all the excess food residue outside the cookware.
- Broiler and oven safe:
- Cuisinart green gourmet 12 piece cookware is safe to use both in the oven and also in the broilers.
- You need to take care of the temperature and make sure that you do not exceed the temperature limits set. While using the pans alone, you can use it up to 500 °F and with lids, you can use it up to a temperature of 350 °F.
- Disher washer safe:
- According to the manufacturer, this set of 12 piece cookware is dishwasher safe and hence you can wash with ease in a dishwasher.
- It is even easy to clean with hands as the cookware is a nonstick and smooth finish.
- This cookware is made of 100 percent recycled material and they are Eco-friendly or environmentally friendly.
- They are toxin-free cookware and hence safe for you to use it.
Pros and Cons of Cuisinart Green Gourmet Cookware Set
Here is the list of the pros and cons of the Cuisinart green gourmet 12 piece cookware:
- This green gourmet cookware is considered as the best for cooking on gas tops or electric cooktops as they can distribute heat evenly and hence perfect cooking.
- If you wish to cook food with less oil or without using oil, then this nonstick cookware from Cuisinart is the best choice as it will release the food with ease, without it getting stuck to the cookware.
- This cookware is oven safe and hence you can use the saucepans in the oven as well. The safe temperature of 500 °F only. Make sure that the temperature does not exceed this limit.
- You can also use with lids, but they are safe till 350 °F only.
- This cookware is completely dishwasher safe, but they can be cleaned easily with hands as well, as they are non-stick cookware.
- Many people say Go Green, but Cuisinart has taken a step towards it and this cookware is environmentally friendly. This is one of the best features of this cookware.
- The cookware is sturdy, unlike other brands where the cookware is too heavy. But at the same time, it is not too light and thin as well. They are pretty comfortable.
- The non-stick coating on the cookware erodes really fast. The coating has a very little lifespan and hence there are chances that it wears off in a couple of years. If the coating wears off, then the cooking process becomes a huge problem as the food gets sticky.
- You will not be able to use the cookware with lids at a temperature more than 350 °F. Sometimes, you will need a higher temperature than 350 to cook.
- It can get easily stained with regular use and hence you need to make sure that you clean them properly.
- Lids of the cookware become really hot when they are used on a gas stove.
Usage and Cleaning
- You will have to make sure that you are cleaning the cookware thoroughly before you use them for the first time. You should wash them in warm water and clean with a soft cloth.
- You can easily cook without using butter or oil in this Cuisinart cookware and hence cleaning is always pretty simple with this set.
- The exterior of the 12 piece cookware set, green gourmet pans is very smooth. That means the process of cleaning is going to be pretty simple for you.
- You will just need hot soapy water along with a soft scrub pad for cleaning the external food residues from the pans.
- When using regularly, the exterior will wear off, but taking a little care while cleaning will maintain both the look and performance of the cookware for a very long time.
- Scratches are formed very easily.
It is always safe to use utensils made of just wood or plastic for maintaining the performance and appearance of the cookware. It is good to avoid using sharp utensils while using the cookware like knives, forks, whisks or mashers inside the pans as they can damage the coating of the cookware.
Seasoning the layers of the cookware can help in maintaining the life of the cookware for a long time. You should do the seasoning at least two times in one year. The process of seasoning is also quite simple and you can do it yourself. You need to take half or one tablespoon of vegetable oil and apply that oil to the pans, including the rims of the pans.
Place them in the preheated oven at 300 °F.
Leave the pan in the oven for at least 30 minutes or one hour. Once you are done, you will have to remove them from the oven and then leave them outside to cool down. Once the pans get cooled down, you can wipe off the vegetable oil from the surface and rim of the pans with a soft paper towel.
Also, you should avoid stacking of the pans one over the other as that can affect the ceramic coating inside the cookware. It can create chipping and hence the life of the cookware can be affected. Store them in a clean and little spacious rack in your kitchen and that can improve its life.
If you go through this Cuisinart Green Gourmet review, you must have come to know some useful and important information about the cookware.
This is not one of that pocket-friendly cookware, but all the 12 pieces of the cookware are very useful for your daily use and hence it is worth every penny spent on it. You also get a limited lifetime warranty assuring all the money you spend on buying it.
The complete user manual is provided along with the 12 piece cookware set. This manual will provide you all the information about how to use it, seasoning, cleaning and maintaining it for a long time. Make sure to read the manual before you start using the cookware.