A switch from your non-stick Teflon products to a granite cookware set can happen if you’ve now become aware of the components in your former product that can harm your health.
Since people are health conscious nowadays and are concerned about the products used in Teflon this has paved the way for PFOA-free non-stick and non-toxic cookware into the market.
One of the types of cookware on the rise is granite cookware and if you’re leaning into purchasing your own set, then it’s always better to have a look at the intensive granite cookware review before you can make a final verdict.
Granite Rock Pan Set Review
If you’re looking for a granite pan that also has granite coating, then the granite rock pan set is the answer to your prayers. A frying pan doesn’t seem to be enough with this brand and they’ve decided to venture on other cookware as well. The products come in different sizes from a 12-inch pan to a 10 inch one and there even pots that are included in the set and if you have a preference for square pans, they actually have that too.
Granite Rock creates their product by using aluminum that’s of high-grade as the inner layer which isn’t special because there are other brands that use the same thing. This is because that like cast iron, aluminum is also a good conductor of heat and has the ability to distribute it evenly. As for the surface, it is non-stick because of the triple granite layer that it’s coated with and also the natural mineral coat that it has.
The product is recommended for its durability and as shown on TV, even if you slam a rock against it there would be no dents or damage on the product which proves just how durable the product is.
You can do anything on the pan or pot whether it’s frying or searing; you can even sauté and use it to bake. It’s also oven-safe for as long as you stick to the 500°F threshold. It’s not just oven-safe but can also be put in the dishwasher and guarantees that it’s PFOA-free.
Granite Rock Cookware
Telebrands have marketed numerous products over the years and recently, they’ve decided that they should start selling non-stick frying pans. There has been a number of healthy non-stick cookware that has enticed viewers to purchase the product and now they’ve started advertising safe granite cookware to anyone who’s watching their advertisements.
Although it’s advertised in the same extra way that those people in the ads do, the granite frying pan may stand a chance against any other competition that it may have in the market.
The ad claims- and uses this as the keywords to entice viewers to purchase the product- that nothing sticks on the granite pan, it can be easily washed and oils or butter or fat needed to grease the surface of the pan is no longer needed. They would even prove that the pan is durable by smashing rocks against the pan to test if it damages it.
Granite Rock doesn’t only sell granite frying pan, but they actually have an entire Granite Rock pan set that might be a good investment for any home-cooks. This cookware fits every home-cooks standard when since it’s also non-stick, dishwasher friendly and it even comes with handles that makes it easier to pick up when it’s hot and it comes with a lid.
According to Telebrands, this product is so non-stick that it doesn’t require the use of oil or butter that ensures food won’t stick on the surface. Since it’s dishwasher safe, then that means it’s also easy to clean too. You can also use it in other ways than frying since you can use it when you want to bake, sear and sauté food.
- It’s affordable. The Granite Rock pans are being sold at a reasonable price and they are just in the same level as other brands like Copper Chef. There are other pricey non-stick pans and if you have a budget that you want to stick to, then the Granite Rock solves your issue.
- It’s non-stick. Most people opt to have a non-stick pan in their kitchen since it’s less of hassle when you have one. If it’s possible for food to simply slide off the pan and onto your plate, then why not choose that option? Although they advertise that you don’t have to use oil or butter for the pan, it actually works better if you use some.
- It’s not heavy. Home-cooks would rather have a lightweight frying pan over one that’s heavy duty because that would cause such a strain on the arm if so. Cooking, frying and cleaning the pan will also be done easier if it’s lightweight.
- It isn’t as advertised. Since its being advertised as a non-stick pan that doesn’t require oil during the cooking process, there have been users that claimed that this is false. Oil or butter is needed when you want to cook the pan or else you suffer the consequence of food being stuck on the surface of it.
- Food gets stuck. Although some users claim that it can be use well if you add oil on the surface of the pan before you cook or fry anything on it to make sure that food wouldn’t stick, this isn’t the case for some users since they suffered the consequence of food getting stuck on the pan. There were some who claimed that no matter what they did, the food just got stuck on the surface. This is a bummer because if it was the first time that they used it, frying eggs on the pan would’ve slid off easily and wouldn’t have stuck.
Is It Safe to Use?
A venture to non-stick pans would often lead users to Teflon made products but since the general belief of people is that there are harmful components that make the said products, this notion has made users careful when it comes to purchasing a non-stick pan. With the Granite Rock Pan, according to the label on the product, it guarantees that it is PFOA-free thereby deeming it safe to be used.
But a PFOA-free product doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s PTFE-free too. Since PFOA has been banned in the market and is no longer allowed to be use, it’s not necessarily the same thing with PTFE and there are a lot of non-stick pans that have PTFE added in their coating.
Is it Worth the Purchase?
The reviews from people who have purchase the product are either they were very happy with their purchase or they felt like they were ripped off. Most complaints were due to the fact that the product isn’t as non-stick as it was advertised to be. No matter what lubricant they used to help the non-stick pan not have food stuck on it, they claim that it wouldn’t work.
There are some people who are quite satisfied with the product and claim that it’s truly non-stick and that they haven’t found any issues with it regardless of the complaints from other who have purchased the same item as them.
With that said, the worth of the purchase would totally depend on your call if you think you’ve gotten quality experience with the product or you were just as ripped off as those who claimed that the product isn’t what it’s advertised to be.
Another as Seen on TV granite cookware is the brand called Granitestone that guarantees no sticking, no scratching and no dinging or warping. This brand promises durability and long-term use and also emphasizes the non-stick part of their product on the ads. It can endure up to 500°F in the oven and can also be used as a baking pan.
The Granitestone cookware set includes 8.5 inches and 10.25 inches frying pan and the latter also includes a lid. Three sauce pans with lid ranging from the sizes 1.5, 2.5 and 5 inches and a stainless-steel streamer tray is also included in the set. All of these sets boast durability and the non-stick triple layer granite coating.
The outer layer of the product is coated with a triple-layer granite while the inside surface is made out of high-quality aluminum. The triple granite layer gives the product extensive durability and is also the reason why the product has a longer lifespan than other non-stick frying pans.
The pressed aluminum that coats the surface of the product allows for even heat distribution throughout the surface of the frying pan and is also able to conduct high-heat which makes the product the perfect whenever a user would want to sear steak. The mineral-enforced is also deemed as oven-safe for up to 500°F or 260°C.
- Durable and can last for a long time because of the triple-granite layer that it’s coated with on the outside.
- The high-grade aluminum that’s coated into the inner layer of the product allows for high-heat conduction and even distribution.
- Truly scratch resistant.
- May still have a PTFE component.
- May not be as non-stick as advertised in TV.
Bialetti is a brand that’s found in Italy and it’s a common brand found in Italian homes. The product boasts simplicity and functionality while still adding beauty in the kitchen of the user. It’s now considered as one of the leading brands of cookware in the world and they make sure that they only release high-quality products.
Through the years of serving high-quality products, they’ve expanded their products to more than just coffee pots meant for brewing to more quality cookware products that is a welcome addition to anyone’s kitchen given the fact that Bialetti ensures great quality products for anyone to have.
This cookware set boasts products that are extra durable and are meant to last longer than others. Their products are also easy to clean and non-stick. Due to the product being non-stick, the brand claims that less oil would be required when cooking or frying anything on their product and that the non-stick coating is absolutely PFOA-free. It has a thick surface that allows for even heat distribution to ensure a great cooking experience for user.
The cookware is also safe for any gas or glass counter tops or stove tops and can endure up to 400°F of oven heat. It’s easy to clean although it is advised that it should be hand-washed rather than putting it in the dishwasher since it was never mentioned that the product is dishwasher safe. The brand also has a lifetime guaranteed warranty in case anything happens to the product.
- It allows for such fast heat distribution which would result in a speeded-up process of cooking for user. It doesn’t matter if you’re frying or boiling on the pan because the heat distribution is just as fast either way.
- One of the main selling points of the product is that since it’s created by a brand that wants to make sure they release high-quality products; the cookware isn’t merely durable and guaranteed to last long but you can cook just about anything using it. Versatility is one of the things that the brand seemed to aim for in this cookware.
- Most non-stick cookware includes components that are toxic to a user’s health. This brand ensures that they do not have any components that are similar to Teflon which includes toxic components that can be harmful to anyone’s health.
- Product is also oven-safe up to 400°F. Only two products of the brand are oven-safe, and this cookware is one of those two.
- It has convenient handles. The products that are included in this cookware set are meant to be of convenience because of the handles that are attached to them.
- Handles can easily get hot. The thing is, although the handles are meant for convenience, it can be uncomfortable to use when it gets hot because it has the potential to burn the user and that’s not something anyone wants to happen to them when they’re cooking.
- It’s not meant for induction stove tops. Although the brand is a leading cookware brand all over the world, they haven’t really created their products to be versatile on other cooking tops since none of their products can be used on induction tops.
- The exterior bottom of the pans and pots can peel. The only good thing about this is the fact that it’s the exterior part and nothing happens in the interior which means that it’s still good to go although you wouldn’t be able to show it off to any guests. Still, it won’t affect your cooking so it can still be used despite that.
- They can get damaged during delivery. The moment that the product reaches you, make sure that everything is in good shape because there’s a possible chance that the product can get damages during the delivery process. If any damage does occur on your product, contact the person who sold you the item and have it exchanged as soon as possible because no one wants to cook on a pan or pot that isn’t flat on the bottom.
This brand has decided to start producing worldwide and also guarantees that their product is durable and can last long-term. They also pay attention to detail and make sure that the product is crafted beautifully before it is released to the market.
The brand promises a non-stick inner surface that also happens to be scratch resistant. This makes this cookware set more durable and allows for better cooking performance and it’s non-stick to the point that the food easily slides off easily.
The product is also guaranteed to be chip-free and it doesn’t peel, or flake and the ideal temperature should be within low heat to medium heat and it also requires the use of oil or butter although it can be used to a minimum.
The heat is distributed quickly and evenly because of the high-grade aluminum alloy that it’s made out of which allows for quick heat-conduction. It also has an anti-warp base that allows for resistance on warps and the product can also be used on induction tops and it comes with a lid that’s heat resistant.
- The product is guaranteed to be extremely non-stick and has a coating that guarantees it to be scratch resistant.
- Heat distribution is done quickly and evenly.
- It is designed with a lid made out of glass that allows user to see the food easily and the lid is also heat-resistant, and it is also designed with a handle that allows for easy maneuvering of the product during cooking.
- It’s compatible with induction tops and is also oven-safe for up to 500°F.
- The product is PFOA free, PTFA-free, and lead and cadmium free and is considered as a healthy and safe cookware to be used.
- Some customer claims that it’s not as non-stick as it is being advertised.
- The grill pan in the set doesn’t produce the grill marks that it’s supposed to.
The Importance of Safe Cookware
The general belief of people is that there is certain food that we should avoid because of the additives that have been certain additives that have been added to these foods that makes it harmful for human consumption because it could eventually harm the health of a person.
But what people fail to remember is that even cookware has harmful components that could mix up with the food being cooked on the cookware and can still be consumed by humans.
It’s always important to be informed rather than to suffer the dire consequences due to ignorance and suffer the consequences of it later. It’s always better to avoid the ones that have the potential on leaking harmful toxins into your food. Here are some of the possible harmful cookware that you should avoid:
Although aluminum is a fairly good component to use especially for the surface of your pan because it’s a good conductor of heat and is able to distribute heat evenly, it’s not necessarily the most advisable product to be used. This is because aluminum can leak very easily from your cookware and into your food after continued use of the product made out of it and if you happened to cook any acidic food into your cookware like tomato soup.
But it’s not like you should totally ban aluminum surface-based products from your kitchen because there are some that are still safe to use. There are brands that encase the aluminum core into another cooking material that’s considered as safer than aluminum and in that case, you can totally still use the product even if it contains aluminum because there’s a less likely tendency that it would leak or leach into the food that you’re cooking on it.
Teflon or PTFE based non-stick surface
It’s a general belief of people that Teflon products have toxic components that would make the surface of their product non-stick and should therefore be avoided because it can become harmful to a person’s health.
The product has been said to release toxic fumes whenever it becomes too heated and the issue is that people have the tendency to leave the pan too long on the stove even if it wasn’t done on purpose or let’s say you’re not one to leave a pan on a stove for too long but you have the tendency of putting the setting on full high blast which has the tendency to overheat the pan and still cause the fumes.
The product also scratches easily and it can still mix with your food which makes it dangerous because you would end up ingesting it or the food will be exposed to the inner surface of the product which can most likely be aluminum which we’ve already covered- it’s dangerous to your health.
Safe Cookware Options
It’s always better to go for a safer option when it comes to cookware. There is a number of cookware that guarantees safety in regard to your health and most likely won’t allow you to face dire consequences with your health in the end. Below is a list of safer options of cookware that you should take into consideration:
Stainless steel may not be the popular cookware of choice especially because it’s not non-stick as the majority nowadays but it’s a safer option compared to aluminum and Teflon based products. Besides, making the switch from the ones you have to a stainless-steel set also won’t cause much of a dent on your budget because stainless steel is an affordable kind of cookware.
Although the stainless steel isn’t as perfect as one should think because for one thing, like previously mentioned, it isn’t non-stick like the others which would pose an issue whenever you need to fry something and especially if you want to cook eggs. Some users also claim that when exposed to acidic soups or overheat, it has the tendency to leach chromium and nickel which can be toxic for your food too.
Still, if you use stainless steel for when you’re cooking rice or pasta, it’s a good option because it’s safer than Teflon or aluminum-based products.
Aside from stainless steel, anodized aluminum-based pots and pans are also a safer bet compared to the other potentially toxic two aforementioned in the article. This cookware is also electrochemically anodized which gives you a firmer cooking surface and it’s durable enough to last longer too. It’s also non-stick and scratch resistant which gives it an upper hand compared to the stainless-steel option.
Although care is still needed for the product when it comes to the cooking surface, but it won’t have the same damaging effects as Teflon does. Also make sure that the product is actually made of anodized aluminum because there are some who merely uses it as a selling point or would only use it on the outside portion of the product and still use Teflon as the non-stick surface.
Ceramic is considered as the healthiest and safest option when it comes to safe cookware. It may be considered as more of a traditional product than others, but traditional products mean that any advancement hasn’t been done to it which means that it’s less harmful than the modern ones that we have nowadays in the market.
There are now brands that have ventured into creating non-stick ceramic cookware to get on with the current trend. So far, there hasn’t been one that was truly non-stick, and they aren’t too durable either and damaged easily.
Like ceramic cookware, cast iron is also considered as a safer option when it comes to cookware that doesn’t release any toxic components. The cast iron that makes the surface is also capable of even heat distribution and heat retention which can serve as an advantage for it. Unlike stainless steel, it can also be considered non-stick but that’s only if the seasoning is done properly.
The only problem with cast iron is that it can be on the heavier side of the scale and most people would opt for a lightweight pan when it comes to cooking because it makes cooking easier and lessens any hassle.
But with the benefits of cast iron when it comes to cooking, it’s okay to endure its heaviness whenever you’re cooking if it means that you would be on the safer side of things. Another thing about cast iron is that it can endure the oven and the stove top and wouldn’t even be faze if you use it in both.
Enameled Cast Iron
Enameled cast iron products can be considered an upgrade from the cast iron products that have been previously created. The outer layer would be painted with enamel which allows for a prettier appearance.
It’s also easy to use for cooking and cleaning won’t be a hassle because it’s also dishwasher-safe and the only issue that it seems to have is the fact that it isn’t as non-stick as home-cooks would want it to be but you can always season it to make sure that the surface won’t be as sticky.
The only problem with enameled cast iron products is the fact that it’s a tad bit pricey but it’s definitely a good investment venture if considering the many benefits and advantage that it has among other cookware.
Besides, the enamel coating comes in various colors which makes it a pretty addition to anyone’s kitchen. There are actually brands that although has premium price tags, offers a lifetime warranty which can be considered as a win-win situation for anyone who’s thinking of making the venture and purchase.
Venturing to safer cookware should be done by everyone because with how the world is going these days, it’s always better to stay on the safe side of the street. Granite cookware claims that their non-stick surface pans are made PFOA-free which guarantees safety for everyone. It’s a good investment and a wise switch to be made by everyone who is conscious about their health.
Still, the call remains in the hands of the person who wants to make the purchase and the switch. Bear in mind that not everything that’s being guaranteed in the description is true and one should always do enough research before diving into the switch.
Other than that, hopefully, this Granite Cookware Review has been of help for you and has given you enough information about granite cookware and other safe cookware options that’s out there.