Miyabi is a well-known Japanese knife maker. Owned by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, the company marries Japanese tradition with some Western aspects.
The Miyabi 5000MCD67 is hand-crafted and honed to perfection. It is one knife that has received rave reviews from professional and home chefs alike. Let’s get to know more about this knife though this Miyabi 5000mcd Review.
Features of the 5000MCD67
Measuring in at 9.5 inches, this knife is on the large side. As we’ve already mentioned, the blade has a thin profile. The belly is also much straighter than that of a Western chef’s knife. Crafted by Miyabi artisans, this knife is also a real beauty. Pictures hardly do it justice.
- The handle is oval, made in the traditional Japanese style. Made from black ash, it is truly stunning.
- The blade is made from micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel. It is ice-hardened to 66HRC. Wrapped in an additional 132 layers of steel, it has a beautiful flower Damascus pattern.
- This knife is sharpened using Miyabi’s famed three-step honbazuke method. The blade is extremely sharp.hand-crafted
We’ve studied innumerable reviews, and it’s hard to find any real complaints. Some customers have mentioned that the box arrives battered, or shipping is delayed, but this has everything to do with hasty delivery men, not the knife itself.
Perhaps the one point to consider is the size and weight of the knife. The 5000MCD67 is on the heavier side compared to some other Miyabis. Some people are more comfortable using a lighter-weight knife.
Of course, if you’re looking for a knife to chop and hack at stuff with, this is definitely not it. The blade is made from hard steel, so mistreating it will result in chipping.
The Miyabi 5000MCD67 has received nothing but acclaim from users. It is a well-thought-out, well-crafted knife.
- Beautifully balanced, it is comfortable to work with, even for long hours.
- The blade is razor-sharp, and the steel construction used makes the sharpness last.
- The handle is made of black ash, doesn’t slip and slide.
- For anyone who appreciates beauty, this knife is truly stunning.
What is it Built to Do?
The Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 is, like it says, a chef’s knife. Being a Japanese one, it doesn’t have as rounded a belly as a Western chef’s knife would. Made from very hard steel, the blade has a thin profile typical of the Japanese style.
This knife will work great for slicing and has good rocking action. You can thinly shred your kale, dice garlic and onions, or roll-cut your carrots with just a few powerful strokes. Because the steel is hard and thin, chopping is best left for another knife.
Who is it Meant For?
This chef’s knife is an excellent addition to any chef’s kitchen, professional or home. It is really beautiful, but its functionality does not suffer as a result. Heavier than some other Miyabi knives, it is still versatile. It will be a frequently used knife in any good collection. As with all Miyabi knives, it is designed for right-handed use.
This 9.5-inch chef’s knife from Miyabi’s 5000 series is well worth acquiring. It displays the best of Miyabi’s quality craftsmanship. Anyone with a love of Japanese-style blades will love the fit and feel of this knife.
Do take a look at our article to see how the 5000MCD67 fits in with other Miyabis. The company has several different series to choose from, each with its own unique features.