Have you heard about Victoria’s Kitchen almond water? Victoria’s Kitchen had people intrigued by their product when they came on the television show Shark Tank. What is this intriguing product? All-Natural Almond water.
Now, if you’re making this Almond Water Recipe for the first time, you may think almond water sounds a little odd at first.
However, I assure you, once you’ve tried it, you’re sure to see why people rally behind it. The fact that Victoria’s Kitchen has been in business since 2011 can also back up that statement. With that being said, I will be showing you how to make that very almond water in this recipe.
How to Make Almond Water?
Now let’s get into how to make this drink.
Before we start, go ahead and get the following ingredients out:
- 500 ml of mineral water
- 750 g cane sugar
- Almond extract
- 100g raw slivered almonds
- Vanilla extract
- Rosewater/oil (optional)
While you get the ingredients out, also get out the following tools:
- Glass jar
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen scale
- Cooking pot
Let’s Get the Full Directions
Now that we have everything out, let’s dive into the directions!
- Step 1: Place the almonds in the mixing bowl, pour in tap water, and let the bowl sit for an hour. When that hour is up, dump out the water using the strainer.
- Step 2: Using the food processor, lightly pulse the almonds until they’re coarsely chopped.
- Step 3: Now that the almonds are ground, place them, along with the 500 milliliters of mineral water and 100 grams of the cane sugar, into the cooking pot, and bring it to a boil. It is the first part of making the “syrup” that’ll accompany the water.
- Step 4: When boiled, turn off the heat. Now, you have two options here: you can either leave the mixture in the pot and cover it or pour it into a container of your choosing. No matter which option you choose, you have to let the mixture sit for 12 hours.
- Step 5: After the 12 hours have gone by, strain the mixture through the cheesecloth, and place the liquid in the mixing bowl and add the cane sugar. I should also note that the sugar should be 1.4 times the quantity of the liquid. It helps when you dilute the water.
- Step 6: Once the sugar is poured in, pour the mixture back into the cooking pot. It’s important to note that you want to place the cooking pot on low heat. If you bring the pot to a boil, it will burn the sugar. With that being said, stir the sugar until it’s dissolved.
- Step 7: Now that the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Step 8: Once cooled, add a few drops of the almond and vanilla extracts.
- Step 9: Once you’ve poured the extracts, grab the container you’ll be using to store the almond water. If you want assurance that the bottle is clean, you can boil some water and pour the boiling water into it. Make sure you pour in the water with caution if you decide to do this. Once this is done, empty the bottle out.
- Step 10: Now that we’ve emptied the bottle of the boiling (if you chose to do that), pour in the almond mixture you just heated in the pot.
- Step 11: Once the mixture is poured into the bottle, let the bottle sit until it’s cool enough to handle, and then refrigerate.
- Step 12: When you’re ready to use, dilute the syrup in water to taste, and enjoy!
Before we move on, I have some very important notes for this recipe:
While the syrup sits in the refrigerator, the almonds will split from the sugar. When this happens, do not fret. It is a normal occurrence. When this happens, break the top layer of the almonds with a chopstick and shake before use.
It’s also worth it to mention that there are different flavors and variations to Victoria’s Kitchen collection as well. They have the almond water, both in the original almond water flavor and in coconut. They also have a ginger-flavored lemonade.
Included with that, they also have a half and half of iced tea and lemonade in a ginger/peach flavor. While the recipe I’m sharing is only for the original almond water, I felt that the different flavorings and variations of the drink were worth mentioning.
Now that you know how to make this Almond Water Recipe and almond water benefits, I hope this is one of those recipes that you can keep in your collection. Whether you’re making this for the first time, or if you’re a longtime Victoria’s Kitchen fan, this is a recipe that I’m sure will please everyone.