In all my years of mixing things up and combining what shouldn’t ordinarily be combined, I never once thought that I’d come across a combination like the chocolate milk and vodka.
It’s a very unnatural combination with an ideology that borders a little on the psychotic. Seriously, who mixes chocolate milk and vodka? Of all things to combine with chocolate milk, you go for vodka!? Yet it is for this same reason that the drink is in high demand. If so many people are buying it, then there must be a reason why.
Another outstanding factor as it relates to this drink is its taste. It’s one of those things that you can decide instantly if you’ll like or not. With the vodka and chocolate milk, life gets simpler – you either really like it or you really don’t. Some people say it tastes like coffee with vanilla creamer and others claim it tastes like spittle. That’s some description right? Well, you can’t really know for sure what it tastes like until you taste it.
Although unusual, you have to admit that the combination makes perfect sense. Growing up, I loved chocolate milk especially with Momma’s homemade freshly baked chocolate chip cookies – yum. When I became an adult and started tilting toward the dark side (lol, I’m just kidding), vodka became my almost always constant companion and comfort drink.
So a blend of chocolate milk and vodka is exactly what I need to relax and unwind. Plus, there’s this sense of responsibility you get when you have a chocolate milk mixed drink. If it’s not pure alcohol, it’s still safe right?
What’s In A Chocolate Milk Alcoholic Drink?
We know there’s chocolate milk, we know there’s some fermented ethanol in there, but what else can you find in a chocolate milk cocktail? Frankly, not much else. It’s called a chocolate milk mixed drink or cocktail people, not a chocolate milk variety drink splash.
Chocolate is chocolate, there’s not much there. If you’re making your own mixed drink or cocktail, you can use your favorite brand of chocolate milk. But when it comes to the liquor, you have to be on top of your game. So right about now, I’m going to list several mixed drinks with milk and what’s in them. The recipes are not given – that’s your special DIY project.
Here we go:
- 118 Brown Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Everclear and Sprite
Beige Russian Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Tia Maria and Vodka
- Big Fa Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Irish Cream, Kahlua and Vodka
- Burnette Russian Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Kahlua and Vodka
- Cafe Seasons Hot Drink: Baileys Irish Cream, Chocolate Milk, Espresso, and Kahlua
- Choco Banana Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Pisang Ambon
- Chocolate Candy Cane Shooter: Chocolate Milk and Peppermint Schnapps
- Chocolate Flambe Cocktail: Amaretto, Bacardi 151 Proof Rum, Chocolate Liqueur and Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Paradise Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Creme de Menthe
- Chocolate Swirl Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Irish Cream, Kahlua and Vodka
- CoCo-bu Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Malibu Rum
- Dirty Bastard Cocktail: Amaretto, Baileys Irish Cream, Chocolate Milk, Kahlua and Tequila
- Dirty Old Fruit Shooter: Chocolate Milk and Gin
- DK’s Smoothness Cocktail: Baileys Irish Cream, Chocolate Milk and Creme de Cacao
- Felix’s Feast Cocktail: Baileys Irish Cream and Chocolate Milk
- Hard Icey Nipple Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Ice 101 and Jagermeister
- Hey Bitch – Come Here Cocktail: Butter Shots, Chocolate Milk, Creme de Cacao, Kahlua, Raspberry Schnapps and Rum
- Lomomba Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Cognac
- Lumumba Cocktail: Brandy and Chocolate Milk
- Mexican Toilet Bowl Shooter: Bacardi 151 Black Bat Rum and Chocolate Milk
- Moscow Bobsled Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Vodka
- Mudslide #3 Cocktail: Baileys Irish Cream, Chocolate Milk, Kahlua and Vodka
- Mudslide #5 Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Kahlua
- Nutella Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Frangelico
- Saturday Morning Cocktail: Cabana Cachaca, Chocolate Milk, Half and Half Cream and Simple Syrup
- Spunky’s Munch Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Creme de Banane and Kahlua
- Swiss Miss TT’s Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Kahlua
- Uncle Fred’s Used Bedpan Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Creme de Banane, Gatorade, Kahlua and Wild Turkey 80 Proof Bourbon
- Whischocsky #1 Cocktail: Chocolate Milk and Crown Royal
- Whischocsky #2 Cocktail: Chocolate Milk, Crown Royal and Kahlua
- 607 Special: Rum and Chocolate Milk
- After Eighteen: Kahlua, White Creme De Menthe and Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Bomb: Kahlua, Coconut Rum and Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Buzz: Kahlua, Irish Cream and Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Covered Cherry: Amaretto, Vodka, Chocolate Milk and Grenadine
- Chocolate Monkey: Banana Liqueur, Creme De Cacao, Chocolate Milk, Banana, Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Syrup, Whipped Cream, and Cherry
- Chocolate Orgasm: Kahlua, Cherry Vodka, Chocolate Milk and Espresso
- Chocolate Paradise: Peppermint Schnapps and Chocolate Milk
- Dickhead’s Delight: Kahlua, Rum, Chocolate Milk, Whipped Cream and Cinnamon
- Felix’s feast: Bailey’s Irish Cream and Chocolate Milk
- Flaming Blow Job: Jack Daniels, Everclear, Chocolate Milk and Whipped Cream
- Kahlua Twist: Kahlua, Tequila and Chocolate Milk
- Leah’s Last Hope: Kahlua, Vodka and Chocolate Milk
- Leah’s Last Hope #2: Vodka, Kahlua, Amaretto and Chocolate Milk
- Liquid After-Eight: White Creme De Menthe and Chocolate Milk
- Lombomba: Rum and Chocolate Milk
- Mocha Frappe: Coffee, Chocolate Milk, Milk, Whipped Cream and Chocolate Ice Cream
- Peppermint Aztec: Kahlua, Peppermint Schnapps, Chocolate Milk and Candy
- Quagmyre: Canadian Whisky, Irish Cream, Kahlua, Chocolate Milk and Soda Water
- Sneaky Wesley: Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Triple Sec and Chocolate Milk
- Sour Cow: Bourbon and Chocolate Milk
Super Qell: Vodka, Whisky, Dr. Pepper and Chocolate Milk
- Supersonic Sunshine: Malibu Rum, Vodka, Chocolate Milk and Orange
- The Fat Albert: Chocolate Mint Liqueur, Kahlua, Chocolate Milk, Maple Syrup, Whipped Cream and Ice
- Torombolo: Licor 43 and Chocolate Milk
- Velvet Presley: Bourbon and Chocolate Milk
That’s a lot of mixed drinks with milk right? But it’s good, because now, you have a great number of options to choose from. Moving ahead, let’s look at the recipe that brought us here in the first place.
Vodka And Chocolate Milk Recipe
The adult chocolate milk is vodka based cream liqueur. Different recipes are out there and they use slightly different vodka and chocolate milk ingredients and quantities but the vodka is omnipresent. It’s always there.
So I’m going to share two different recipes – one with more ingredients and steps than the other. You can try them both and decide which one is more your taste and style. When it comes to the vodka chocolate milk, taste is everything.
Adult Chocolate Milk feat. Kahlua, Vodka and Chocolate Milk
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz cream
- 2 oz kahlua
- 4 oz chocolate milk
- 1 oz vodka
- Chocolate ice cream (optional)
How to make:
- Put some ice in a glass.
- Combine the cream, kahlua, vodka and chocolate milk in a separate glass. Shake it well.
- Pour the contents all over the ice.
- For an extra effect, drop a dollop of chocolate ice cream on top and enjoy your treat.
Adult Chocolate Milk feat. Chocolate Liqueur, Chocolate Vodka and Chocolate Milk
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ oz chocolate vodka
- 1 ½ oz chocolate liqueur
- 4 oz chocolate milk
How to make:
- Pour the chocolate vodka and chocolate liqueur over ice in a shaking glass.
- Add chocolate milk and shake very well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and enjoy!
The last recipe that I will briefly talk about is one for toffee vodka and chocolate milk. Yes, toffee. Put the toffee in a jar and fill it up with vodka. Let it sit until the vodka dissolves the toffee to form a nice brown liquid.
Now fill a glass with ice. Pour the toffee vodka over the ice and fill it up with chocolate milk. Stir with a straw and drink up. This recipe might take a bit of work to perfect but when you do, you won’t ever want another drink again.
The vodka and chocolate milk drink makes a nice dessert cocktail for warm summer evenings, lounging on the sofa or out on the beach. Next time you feel nostalgic and long for a taste of home, make this recipe and invite home to meet you wherever you are. Always remember to drink responsibly. Cheers!