Have you tried a Carbquik biscuits recipe? If you are anything like me, you absolutely love biscuits, but they don’t love you. You eat them, and the next day you wake up with your own little muffin top growing off of your stomach.
Carbquik biscuits don’t do that: they won’t give you the bloat. This is because the Cabrquik baking biscuit mix is lower in carbohydrates than other muffin mixes. It will help you to feel fuller when you eat meals because you aren’t depriving yourself of the foods that you want, and it will help to move your scale towards where you want it to be.
Not sure how to make Carbquik biscuits that are light and fluffy like your favorite store-bought brand? Never fear- we have a few great recipes to help you get what you need.
Carbquik may seem like a bit of a miracle ingredient, and it is. This baking mix can be used in place of so many different flours and other mixes. It is low in sugar, low in salt, high in protein, and high in fiber.
Your Carbquik baking mix should contain Carbalose™ flour (enzyme enriched wheat, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high-protein patent wheat flour, soy fiber, canola oil, salt, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, calcium propionate), palm and palm-kernel oil, buttermilk powder, baking powder, egg white powder, lecithin, salt, natural flavors.
Best Carbquik Recipe for Biscuits
Carbquik biscuits are one of my favorite easy recipes when I just need to have something doughy. You can make them in about 15 minutes, and I prefer to eat them right away when they are still warm. I add some butter or some jam, and they make for the perfect treat or snack.
- 2 cups of Carbquik
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoon of Cold Butter
- 1/2 a Cup of Heavy Cream
- Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together – Carbquik baking mix, sugar, and the baking powder. Put them into a food processor and pulse it until they are well mixed.
- Add your butter into the dry milk. Make sure that your butter is cold and added in hunks.
- Pulse your food processor 5 to 10 times until it looks like the butter is folded into the flour. It is ready when the butter is in pea-sized balls within the mixture. Do not pulse your mix too much or your biscuits will not rise.
- Add ½ a cup of heavy cream to the mixture and mix with the food processor but don’t add it all at the same time. Add it very slowly and pour it in a circle evenly onto the blades of your food processor. Pulse no more than five times to mix everything together. Once again, you do not want to overwork your dough.
- At this point, touch your dough. If it feels too dry, add a bit more cream into the mixture. If it is too wet, maybe add a bit more of the Carbquik baking mix. Don’t worry if your dough has some lumps, as these are normal and will actually make your biscuits better.
- Grease an oven tray with some butter and get it ready for the biscuits before you start rolling them.
- Using your hands, form dough balls. You may need to add some flour if your dough is too sticky. Press the doughballs into rectangles that are about ½ inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or a knife, cut your biscuits into your desired shape. Make sure that each biscuit has at least a 3-inch diameter.
- Put your biscuit dough onto the tray and put them into the preheated oven. Bake your biscuits at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until they turn a gorgeous golden brown color. There should be a golden crust on top and a darker bottom.
As mentioned above, serve these hot and eat them right away. You can serve them later on and cold, but they just won’t be as good as they could be.
Carbquik Keto Recipe for Biscuits & Gravy
One of the best meals you will ever eat is biscuits and gravy. For people who are trying the keto diet, you might think that you can’t eat it anymore. That’s not true! You can make the Carbquik biscuit recipe above and combine it with this fantastic keto recipe for gravy.
- 4 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Cup Turkey Pan Drippings
- 2 Cups Low-sodium Beef Broth
- 2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt your butter. Remember that going slowly is almost always better with this type of dish.
- Add in your pan drippings and broth. Whisk until it is smooth.
- Bring your mixture to a boil and then add in the Worcestershire Sauce and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the xanthan gum and whisk it to combine.
- Simmer your mixture for another 5 to 10 minutes until it starts to thicken. Remember that the gravy will thicken as it cools.
- If it gets too thick, add more warm broth as necessary. You should serve this warm over warm biscuits.
For true biscuits and gravy dish, you can add your own types of meats. I prefer to use sausage because that is what everyone in my family likes. You can cook your meat right in the gravy or cook it separately and add it at the end.
Keto-Friendly Toppings For Carbquik Biscuits
If you are like me and love your biscuits for every meal, there are plenty of options for keto-friendly toppings. You can always top with your butter of choice, but you can also get more creative than that.
Over the years, I’ve topped my Carbquik biscuits with:
- Sugar-free Jam
- Peanut Butter
- Pimento Spread
You can even use these biscuits to make sandwiches, casseroles, and anything else you’d use bread, biscuits, or croissants to make. It can be difficult to keep yourself away from these, but since they are so easy to make, you will be able to do it fairly quickly.
I’ve also used these biscuits to make pigs in a blanket, egg sandwiches, and other keto recipes. If you want to store them and use them for your recipes, your best bet is to store them in a sealed plastic bag with a paper towel or a piece of bread. This will help to keep them light and fluffy. I also like to keep them in the crisper drawer of my refrigerator.
If you are trying to cut your carbs and stay on track with your keto diet, start with this Carbquik biscuits recipe.