Everyone knows what blue cheese is, but do you know how to crumble blue cheese?
Best ways to thicken
Grab these compiled tricks to get that desired sauce consistency, not just for your pasta, but also for your dessert and get a bonus content that you will surely love!
Blue cheese is sold at the grocery store and specialty cheese shops. You see it everywhere. You’re probably also wondering, what could a block of blue cheese be used for?
Well, I’m here to answer your question. It’s used in many things, such as toppings, snacks, etc. (more on that below). Having said that, today, I’m going to share with you one recipe that you can use to give the blue cheese a little flavor.
How to Make Blue Cheese Crumbles?
Now, let’s learn how to make this! To start off, you’re going to get the following ingredients out:
- Chopped red onion (½ cup)
- Olive oil (⅓ cup)
- Lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Red wine vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Crumbly blue cheese (½ a pound, or 8oz), or a solid block of blue cheese
- Ground pepper (½–1 teaspoon—start with ½ a teaspoon, then adjust to taste)
- Parsley (½ cup)
Now that the ingredients are set out, here are the directions to follow:
- Step 1: To start off, you’re going to slice the garlic cloves in half, lengthwise. Once you’ve sliced them into halves, then slice each half into strips, also lengthwise.
- Step 2: When the strips are cut, hold the strips together and cut them into small pieces, crosswise. When you’re done cutting the pieces, set them aside. It’s also important to note that you’re going to cut the onion the same way we just cut the garlic cloves.
- Step 3: After you finish cutting, remove the parsley from the stems and measure out a half cup. Once you’ve measured it out, store the remaining parsley in a container for future use.
- Step 4: Take out a shallow 8- or 9-inch dish. Once the dish is set out, spread out the cheese into an even layer.
- Step 5: Grab a small bowl, pour in the garlic and olive oil, then mix them together. When you’re finished with that, spread the mixture over the cheese.
- Step 6: After you’ve sprinkled the olive oil and garlic mixture onto the cheese, wash the bowl you just used, as we’re going to use it again, this time to mix in the vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper. When you’ve mixed those in, add in the red onion and parsley and spread it over the cheese.
- Step 7: Now that we have all the ingredients mixed together and on the crumbled cheese, cover the dish and put it in the refrigerator for an hour before use.
There are a few things I want to make a note of with this recipe:
If you decide to shred the cheese yourself using a grater, it’s important to note that you should use one with larger holes. This is so you can cut the cheese into pieces that are half the size of a corn kernel.
There are lots of ways you will be able to use the crumbled blue cheese. One common way is to use it as a topping for things like hot chicken wings or meatballs.
You can use it as one of the many cheeses that go into the various mac and cheese recipes. You can also use it for something like grilled cheese sandwiches.
It could also be great for gatherings or as a snack in general. Just follow the recipe, and instead of grating the cheese into smaller pieces, you would cut the block of cheese into cubes. Like mentioned above, you could also use it as a topping for any of the foods you’re serving at your gatherings.
Now that you know How to Crumble Blue Cheese, I encourage you to experiment with it. Put it on various things, or even try it as a snack!