A flat electric cooktop with downdraft is easy to clean, efficient and adds flavor to your kitchen which is probably why you’re switching to and searching for the best electric cooktop with downdraft the market offers.
With so many brands having their own electric cooktop, choosing is not an easy feat and you’re going to have to weigh the pros and cons of each one, so you’ll know if the one you got is the right fit for you.
There are a lot of things to consider before making your purchase so stick around and we’ll help you out.
The Best Downdraft Electric Cooktops You Can Find
The electric cooktop with downdraft is an efficient way to cook and prepare your meals in the kitchen. Electric cooktops have been a game-changer since they’ve been released out in the market, but the 30-inch downdraft electric cooktops changed the game, even more, considering that downdraft cooktop is a better option than its counterpart.
Because there are a lot out there in the market, we’ve hand-picked a few that we think is the best and pitted them against each other.
There’s always something appealing about white appliances and if the style of you styled your house in a modern vibe, this white electric cooktop with downdraft might be what you’re looking for. But don’t worry, it doesn’t simply boast style and elegance- although you have to admit that it’s so pretty to look at- its features are worth the purchase.
GE has featured stovetop downdrafts and other stovetops, so it makes sense that they also featured an electric stove top with downdraft and here’s one that makes the cut with us.
It comes as a 30’’ standard size which means that it can replace the older cooktop that you’ve had installed and fit perfectly. It can also be installed easily as long as you’ve already done the ductwork that the downdrafts require. It comes with Powerboil so you can heat things up in a flash or boil fast.
It’s easy to clean which would be the main worry that you’re going to have considering the color variant. But rest assured that you won’t be having trouble cleaning it up and it’ll look sparkling new even after use. The smooth top wipes for easy clean up when whatever you cooked had spilled or boiled over.
- All-white. (Trims and knobs are white too).
- Has a smooth top that’s easy to wipe when there’s a spill or boil over
- Has a PowerBoil feature that heats fast.
- 30” standard size which fits easily in existing cooktops.
- Must be installed by a professional.
- The glass scratches and the top require a cleaning formula specific for cooktops.
- One-year warranty requires you to call an authorized GE dealer only.
Jenn-Air has been a home-owner’s choice because it’s long standing and durable which makes the purchase thoroughly worth it because everyone wants to make sure that the product they’ve bought will endure and serve long until it couldn’t, and the Jenn-Air brand makes sure that their product stands the test of time.
Jenn-Air goes into detail with their product to make sure that the customer gets what the customer wants from this brand which is why this brand has always been a part of the best downdraft cooktop list.
The elegant black glass electric cooktop features four burners and a DuraFinish protective coating to retain the lustrous finish that this cooktop has. This black glass cooktop also cleans easily and can resist any staining from spill or boil over of what you’re cooking or heating up.
The best feature of this product for me is the built-in safety feature that it has which indicates if the cooktop is hot to touch. It comes in really handy especially if there are curious little kids running around your house and would touch the surface, so they’ll know that it’s not safe to touch.
The buttons of this product aren’t bulky but are digital push-button controls which makes it even better and bring up the over-all appearance of this electric cooktop.
- Safety indicator with hot surface light.
- Glass cooktop cleans easily and resists staining.
- Coated with DuraFinish to ensure a lustrous finish on the cooktop.
- Digital push-buttons.
- Easy scratching prone glass tops.
If you want to go for modern contemporary, then this downdraft cooktop is the right fit for that style of your kitchen. It’s black and includes stylish stainless-steel knobs that make it like a cooler version of a stainless-steel electric cooktop with downdraft.
But it’s not only pretty, its features are also great enough to make you re-think the one that you’re already thinking about getting. Like the previously mentioned electric cooktop, this one also features a safety indicator light when the surface is hot, and the glass cooktop is easy to clean and also resists staining.
This electric cooktop comes with four burners and a 10” even heat ultra-element with simmer setting, a 300-CFM exhaust rating, and the downdraft fan has three speed settings for itself too.
But the even heat ultra-burner feature of this product gives it an edge among the others because it enables even, high-quality heat for predictable results. The simmer setting also ensures that the sauce or glaze you’re simmering won’t burn up.
This brand has been in the market for so long that a lot of home-owners have already trusted it and I think we all know why. They ensure that they give us the best product they could produce, and you can make sure that you end up with even cooking results.
- Has a built-in safety indicator light.
- Four burners.
- Downdraft fan has three fan settings.
- Even heat burner with simmer setting.
- Smooth black glass top that resists staining and stainless-steel knobs.
- Glass cooktop scratches.
- Special cleanser needed for scratch-free cleaning.
- You might need to hire a professional installer if you’re not a handyman, especially if you’ve just switched from a range hood to a downdraft because there are some other works that needs to be done if you’re going to opt for downdraft system.
If you have a passion for cooking and love serving dinner parties and having guests around your house and playing hostess like Monica Geller in Friends, then this 36-inch downdraft electric cooktop is everything that your big chef heart could ever dream of.
Frigidaire really outdid itself with this product given the fact that not only is this probably the biggest electric cooktop with downdraft in the market, but the features that it includes isn’t something that you could shy away from and would really make you consider purchasing.
It doesn’t only offer you flexibility and functionality so you can cook meals all at once during your many dinner parties, but this sleek cooktop offers more than just its size.
So, what’s cooking with this 36-inch cooktop?
For one thing, it offers SpaceWise elements that flexibly expand to meet the size of the cookware being used.
It features Ready-Select controls that simplifies the selection of the right cooking temperature that you want to use. The PowerPlus technology heats up to 3200 watts and boils water so fast that it rivals the Flash.
It also features a state-of-the-art downdraft system that removes odors and smoke without the need of a range hood or overhead ventilation. It features hot-surface indicators, three ducting-options and a dishwasher-safe filter which ties it all together to give you quite the cooktop with downdraft that would give the other brands a run for their money.
This product isn’t simply big in its size but big in all its features too. It features a big power in heating and a powerful fan that’s going to help you handle all this big dinner parties with such ease.
- SpaceWise elements that expands and meets the size of the cookware being used.
- Smooth glass top that wipes and can be cleaned easily.
- Safety built-in indicator light.
- 3200 watt that heats up fast and gets the job done.
- Noisy fan.
- Professional has to come in to install this product.
Factors You Have to Consider Before Your Purchase
Electric cooktops don’t come cheap and if it includes a downdraft, then it’s not going to come out even cheaper. But if you compare it to having to buy stove top and overhead ventilation, then it’s the cheaper option. Still, with that aside, you have installation fee to think about and if you haven’t previously installed a downdraft system, then that’s another thing to worry about.
Although if you do have a bigger budget for this then it wouldn’t hurt you to look at the pricier models because they do offer more features.
Not all cooktops with downdraft comes in the standard size which is 30-inch. If you’re thinking about replacing an older cooktop, then you have to make sure that the cooktop you previously had is the same size as the one you’re going to get because otherwise, it’ll slip through it and that’s another thing you’re going to have to worry about.
And if you want to go all out with this product because you’re the biggest fan of big dinner parties and you are in love with role of being the chef and the hostess of those events, then you might want to consider installing the 36-inch cooktop with downdraft because trust me, that’s exactly what you’re going to be wanting.
- Child-lock: This is a great feature because it keeps the children safe from their own curiosity because we really don’t want the kids touching the stove or else hell’s going to break lose, literally.
- Timer: Timers are usually programmed to cooktops so you wouldn’t have to worry about buying a timer from a store to make sure that you’ve cooked the sauce in the right amount of time.
But the timer comes most handy when you’re using the four burners at the same time and they automatically turn off at the desired time you set which gives you less of a hassle and ensures that you manage to be on the right track of your cooking progress.
- Automatic Pan Size Recognition: Like induction cooktops, electric cooktops also have the feature of the burner adjusting to the pan size being used.
This feature lets the burner auto-adjust to the size of the pan. Although not all electric cooktops have this feature, still it’s a nice factor to consider when you’re looking for the electric cooktop that you want to purchase.
- Keep Warm: This is the feature that keeps the pot warm as long as the burner is turned on for as long as you want to keep it warm.
- Hot Surface Indicator: Most electric cooktop has this feature. This is considered as a built-in safety feature on cooktops considers that it has a light indicator to tell you whether or not the surface is hot to touch. It ensures safety, especially to kids and is a great feature to consider.
There are a lot of best electric cooktop with downdraft to choose from but in the end, it all comes down to what you think would be the one that’s suitable for you.
But one main factor to consider if you’re replacing an old unit, make sure you know the size or else you’re going to have another thing to worry about. Hopefully, this review has helped you find the right electric cooktop that you want.