Last Updated Jan 2023 – A flat electric cooktop with downdraft is easy to clean, efficient and adds flavor to your kitchen, which is probably why you’re searching for the best electric cooktop with downdraft on the market.
With so many brands having their own electric cooktop, choosing is not an easy feat and you’re going to have to weigh the pros and cons of each one so you’ll know which is the right fit for you.
There are a lot of things to consider before making your purchase, so stick around and we’ll help you out.
The Best Downdraft Electric Cooktops You Can Find
The electric cooktop with downdraft is an efficient way to cook and prepare your meals in the kitchen. Electric cooktops have been a game-changer since they’ve been released on the market, but 30-inch downdraft electric cooktops have changed the game even more since the downdraft cooktop is an even better option than its counterpart.
Because there are a lot out there on the market, we’ve hand-picked a few that we think are the best and have pitted them against each other.
* GE 30-Inch Smooth top Electric Cooktop
There’s always something appealing about white appliances and if the style of your house has a modern vibe, this white electric cooktop with downdraft might be what you’re looking for. But don’t worry, it doesn’t boast only style and elegance—although you have to admit that it’s so pretty to look at—its features are also worth the purchase.
GE has featured stovetop downdrafts and other stovetops. It makes sense that they also featured an electric stove top with downdraft and here’s one that makes the cut with us.
It comes in a 30’’ standard size which means that it can replace the older cooktop you have installed and fit perfectly. It can also be installed easily as long as you’ve already done the ductwork that the downdrafts require. And it comes with Powerboil so you can heat things up in a flash or boil food fast.
It’s easy to clean which could be a worry considering the color involved. But rest assured that you won’t have trouble cleaning up and it’ll look sparkling new after every use. The smooth top makes for easy wiping and clean up if whatever you are cooking has spilled or boiled over.
- All-white. (Trims and knobs are white too).
- Has a smooth top that’s easy to wipe when there’s a spill or boil over
- Has a PowerBoil feature that heats fast.
- 30” standard size which fits easily in existing cooktops.
- Must be installed by a professional.
- The glass can scratch, and the top requires a cleaning formula specifically for cooktops.
- One-year warranty requires you to call an authorized GE dealer only.
* Jenn-Air Electric Downdraft Cooktop
Jenn-Air has been a popular home-owner’s choice because they are long standing and durable which makes the purchase thoroughly worth it. Everyone wants to make sure that the product they’ve bought will endure until it can serve no longer, and the Jenn-Air brand makes sure their products stand the test of time.
Jenn-Air goes into detail with their products to make sure that the customer gets what the customer wants from their brand, which is why this brand has always been a part of any best downdraft cooktop list.
This elegant black glass electric cooktop features four burners and a DuraFinish protective coating to achieve the lustrous finish that this cooktop sports. This black glass cooktop also cleans easily and can resist any stains from spills or boil-overs of what you’re cooking or heating up.
The best feature of this product for me is the built-in safety feature which indicates if the cooktop is too hot to touch. It comes in really handy, especially if there are curious little kids running around the house that could maybe touch the surface. They’ll know that it’s not safe to touch.
The buttons of this product aren’t bulky at all but instead digital push-button controls which boosts the overall appearance of this electric cooktop even more.
- Safety indicator with hot surface light.
- Glass cooktop cleans easily and resists staining.
- Coated with DuraFinish to ensure a lustrous finish to the cooktop.
- Digital push-buttons.
- Glass tops prone to scratching.
* KitchenAid KCED600GBL Electric Downdraft Cooktop
If you want to go for modern contemporary, then this downdraft cooktop is the right fit for that style of kitchen. It’s black and includes stylish stainless-steel knobs that make it a cooler version of a stainless-steel electric cooktop with downdraft.
But it’s not only pretty, its features are also great enough to make you reconsider the one that you’re already thinking about getting. Like the previously mentioned electric cooktop, this one also features a safety indicator light when the surface is hot, and the glass cooktop is easy to clean and resists staining.
This electric cooktop comes with four burners and a 10” even heat ultra-element with simmer setting, a 300-CFM exhaust rating, and a downdraft fan with three speed settings too.
But the even heat ultra-burner feature of this product gives it an edge among the others because it enables even, high-quality heat for consistent results. The simmer setting also ensures that the sauce or glaze you’re simmering won’t burn up.
This brand has been on the market for so long that a lot of home-owners trust it implicitly, and I think we know why. They have given us the best product they could possibly produce, and try to make sure that you end up with even cooking results.
- Has a built-in safety indicator light.
- Four burners.
- Downdraft fan has three fan settings.
- Even heat burner with simmer setting.
- Smooth black glass top that resists staining and stainless-steel knobs.
- The glass cooktop scratches.
- Special cleanser needed for scratch-free cleaning.
- You might need to hire a professional installer if you’re not a handyman, especially if you’ve just switched from a range hood to a downdraft because some other work sometimes needs to be done if you’re going for a downdraft system.
* Frigidaire 36-inch Downdraft Electric
If you have a passion for cooking and love serving dinner parties, having guests around your house and playing hostess like Monica Geller from Friends, then this 36-inch downdraft electric cooktop is everything that your chef’s heart could ever dream of.
Frigidaire really outdid itself with this product given that not only is this probably the biggest electric cooktop with downdraft on the market, but the features included aren’t anything to sneeze at either. There’s alot here to really make you consider a purchase.
It not only offers you flexibility and functionality so you can cook all meals at once during your many dinner parties, this sleek cooktop offers size and space and power as well.
So, what’s cooking with this 36-inch cooktop?
For one thing, it offers SpaceWise elements that flexibly expand to meet the size of the cookware being used.
It features Ready-Select controls that simplifies the selection of the right cooking temperature you need to use. The PowerPlus technology also heats up to 3200 watts and boils water so fast that it rivals the Flash.
It also features a state-of-the-art downdraft system that removes odors and smoke without the need of a range hood or overhead ventilation. It features hot-surface indicators, three ducting-options and a dishwasher-safe filter which ties it all together to give you a cooktop with downdraft that gives other brands a run for their money.
This product isn’t simply big in its size but big in all its features too. It features big power for heating and a powerful fan to help you handle all those big dinner parties with ease.
- SpaceWise elements that expand and meet the size of the cookware being used.
- Smooth glass top that wipes and can be cleaned easily.
- Safety built-in indicator light.
- 3200 watt that heats up fast and gets the job done.
- Noisy fan.
- A professional has to come in to install this product.
Factors You Have to Consider Before Your Purchase
Electric cooktops don’t come cheap and if it includes a downdraft, then it’s going to be even more expensive. But if you compare it to having to buy a stove top with overhead ventilation, then it’s the cheaper option. Still, with that aside, you have installation fees to think about. And if you haven’t previously installed a downdraft system, then that’s still another thing to worry about.
Although if you do have a bigger budget, then it won’t hurt you to look at the pricier models because they do offer more features.
Not all cooktops with downdraft comes in the standard size which is 30-inch. If you’re thinking about replacing an older cooktop, then you have to make sure that the cooktop you previously had is the same size as the one you’re going to get, because it won’t fit otherwise.
And if you want to go all out with this product because you’re a fan of big dinner parties and are in love with the role of being the chef or the hostess of these type of events, then you might want to consider installing the 36-inch cooktop with downdraft because you can have even bigger dinner parties than usual!
- Child-lock: This is a great feature because it keeps the children safe from their own curiosity. You really don’t want the kids touching the stove or else all hell’s going to break loose.
- Timer: The timer is programmed into the cooktops so you don’t have to worry about buying a timer from a store to make sure that you’ve cooked your sauce in the right amount of time.
The timer comes in most handy when you’re using the four burners at the same time to make sure they all automatically turn off at the desired time you set. This eliminates hassle and ensures that your cooking progress is on the right track.
- Automatic Pan Size Recognition: Like induction cooktops, electric cooktops also have the feature of the burner adjusting to the pan size being used.
This feature lets the burner auto-adjust to the size of the pan. Although not all electric cooktops have this feature, it’s a nice factor to consider when you’re looking for the electric cooktop that you want to purchase.
- Keep Warm: This is a feature that keeps the pot warm as long as the burner is turned on, for as long as you want to keep it warm.
- Hot Surface Indicator: Any electric cooktop should have this feature. This is a built-in safety feature on cooktops involving a light indicator to tell you whether or not the surface is too hot to touch. It ensures safety, especially for kids, and is a great feature to consider.
There are a lot of appliances that may be the best electric cooktop with downdraft for different consumers. In the end, it all comes down to what you think is the one that’s most suitable for you.
But one main factor to consider if you’re replacing an old unit is to make sure you know the size you’re working with. Or else you’re going to have another thing to worry about. Hopefully, this review has helped you find the right electric cooktop for your needs.