Waffles are a longstanding staple for breakfasts around the world. They’re also one of the oldest desserts in history and can be traced all the way back to Ancient Greece.
The Ancient Greeks are known for their wisdom and philosophy, and nothing could be wiser, in our opinion, than investing in a dedicated device to keep your breakfast plate stacked with wonderful waffles.
Today, our search for the Hercules of waffle makers has led us to go for this excellent Cuisinart Waf-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker review.
Features and Benefits of Cuisinart Waf-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker
The Waf-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker is made by Cuisinart, an American appliance company that has been in business for nearly 50 years.
Cuisinart has incorporated some features into this model as follows:
- Creates two extra deep-pocket 1-inch Belgian waffles at the same time.
- Dimensions: 15.50 L x 9.75 W x 9.30 H inches.
- Cord length: 36 inches
- Six-setting browning control knob makes sure each waffle is cooked to order.
- Non-stick coated waffle grids easily release waffles and make cleaning very easy.
- Easy-to-handle rotary feature for even baking on top and bottom.
- Two LED Ready indicator lights to illuminate and three audio beep tones signal when each waffle is done.
- 1400 watts of power.
What Else Can I Do with It?
There’s a little-known secret to be found in a good waffle maker—not just making waffles. While it’s super important for your device to be able to produce these delicious, fluffy, mouth-watering treats, a quality waffle maker can do so much more.
The Internet is brimming with fantastic ideas for alternative uses for this device.
Here are 15 other creative things you can do with your waffle maker:
- Hash Brown Waffles. Crispy outside, creamy potato goodness inside. Making hash browns is as easy as tossing frozen tater tots into your waffle maker. For extra flavor, throw on herbs, spices, or cheese.
- Pizza Waffles. Craving a pizza slice? Don’t wait for the oven to heat up. Place some pizza dough into the waffle maker, complete with your favorite toppings, and bite into goodness mere minutes later. If you have leftovers, try reheating them in the waffle maker for a crispy twist.
- Waffle Omelets. Just pour in eggs and your preferred omelet ingredients! It also works for making a frittata.
- Sweet Potato Waffles. A healthy and delicious version can be made with blended or grated sweet potatoes, a little egg, and a few choice flavorings.
- Falafel Waffles. The heated top and bottom of the waffle maker make an excellent surface for making light and crispy falafel, and this model has enough space for plenty of ingredients.
- Waffle Grilled Cheese. The quick decadence of a toasty is elevated by the unbelievable crispy outside and gooey inside a waffle maker can make.
- Waffled Mac & Cheese. Grab some leftover mac and cheese, an egg, flour, breadcrumbs, and pour them into the waffle maker. It produces a texture-town of crispiness and gooeyness.
- Cookie waffles. A waffle maker will quickly bake any kind of cookie dough. It gives them a consistent texture and a unique shape that is certain to start a conversation.
- Cinnamon Rolls. The grid that forms on the rolls looks fantastic and catches the icing perfectly when serving. Just place a prepped cinnamon roll into the waffle maker and cook for a few minutes.
- Brownie Waffles. These make for a brilliant devilish treat and will be literally finger-licking great. You must keep an eye on them as brownie mix might burn more easily.
- S’mores. Perfect for a cold evening and a campfire story, even if you’re indoors! These are also surprisingly easy to clean off the waffle maker.
- French Toast. Have some leftover bread that’s starting to go stale? Dip them in egg and cook them in the waffle maker. Feel free to add things on top. You won’t be sorry.
- Apple Chips. A great healthy snack made from thin apple slices and some cinnamon.
- Bacon. The heat from the metal pressing will ensure crispiness, but the closed environment will prevent flavor loss. Added bonus: the next thing you cook will taste like bacon.
- Oatmeal. An unusual but fun texture to try out using leftover oats, with a moist inside and a crispy outside.
A few people have even gone as far as replacing their ovens completely with a waffle maker. When the jury is still out on this one, we cannot deny that the number of things you can do with your waffle maker is staggering.
Does It Have Any Drawbacks?
- No metal utensils. Since the waffle maker uses a non-stick surface, you need to make sure to avoid using metal utensils with it, as these can damage the non-stick coating.
- Non-removable plates. While the quality of the plates appears to be top-notch, it would be nice to occasionally be able to take them out to give them a good wipe around the edges. Since this isn’t possible, you’re going to have to take a little extra care when cleaning the waffle maker.
After comparing a number of waffle makers, this model stands out for a few great reasons:
- With a hefty frame and stainless-steel exterior, this thing is built to last. Many reviews have mentioned it surviving very tough conditions, so this is a beast to boot.
- Ease of cooking. The LED and audio are very responsive and make timing your cooking much easier. The waffle maker also has great browning adjustments so you can adjust how crispy you want your food. The rotary handles make turning waffles for an even cook easy.
- Great for waffle lovers. The fact that this can cook two waffles at once makes it perfect for a hungry crowd.
- Quick cleaning. The smooth non-stick is very easy to clean after usage. You must let it cool first!
Who Should Buy This Waffle Maker?
We can’t stress enough how great a waffle maker is in your kitchen. They’re nifty machines that can produce the best breakfast (and second breakfast) known to man, but they also have some new other uses, which we talked about earlier.
If you’re looking for the comfort of a thick, deep-pocketed waffle, then this is for you. It’s particularly great for couples since it can bake two waffles at the same time. Imagine waking up to that kind of delicious start to the morning with someone.
Plus, you don’t need to wait for your turn to use it and can enjoy them hot together at the same time—a perfect romance.
This waffle maker is also good for the more practical among you. It’s simple to use and requires little maintenance, leaving you more time to make another batch of waffle batter.
The waffle has a long and rich history and should not be taken lightly. Neither should your choice in a waffle maker.
If you’re after a waffle maker which will reliably and consistently cook wonderful restaurant-quality waffles for years on end, then the Cuisinart Waf-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker is definitely the right product for you.
It’s so easy to use and maintain and has a ton of versatile uses (cooking bacon at the same time as your waffles, for example!). It’s even used by professional chefs for commercial cooking. You already know from this Cuisinart Waf-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker Review that if you treat this quality machine right and with a little care, it will treat you well for years.
If you want to shop around, we’ve also included a guide and list to further help you on your quest for crispy golden-brown perfection with a soft center. Are you hungry now? So are we!