This combo unit from Midea is both a refrigerator and a freezer. The freezer compartment is the smaller of the two and is on top. The makers thoughtfully added several useful features to the design of this little unit. Compact as it is, it still offers some excellent storage space, even in the freezer.
If you have a home bar or other entertainment area, chances are you want some cold drinks nearby. You probably want some ice on hand to mix your drinks as well. In this Midea Whd-113fss1 review, we will explain why the Midea WHD-113FSS1 might be a good solution if your space or budget is tight.
?Check Out Current Price & Customer Reviews On Amazon?
Features of Midea WHD-113FSS1
Designed to work in small, cramped spaces, the Midea WHD-113FSS1 was created with convenience in mind. This combo unit was made to be portable and easily accessible, and its features reflect this.
- Made from stainless steel, it will hold 3.1 cubic feet. The fresh food capacity is 2.2 cubic feet.
- The temperature is adjustable in both the fridge and freezer compartments. The refrigerator ranges from 32–50 degrees Fahrenheit, and the freezer from -11.2 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This unit is free-standing and comes with adjustable legs.
- The doors are designed with reversible hinges. You can choose to attach them on the left or right, whatever works best for your space.
- The refrigerator section has an interior light.
- There is built-in, partially automatic defrosting, which is mechanically controlled.
- The unit has one of Midea’s whisper-quiet compressors, so it will not be noisy.
- There is a separate fruit and vegetable drawer in the refrigerator compartment.
- Shelves are made of glass.
- There are built-in beverage holders for soda bottles and cans in the refrigerator door.
- It is built to plug into a socket and uses 120 volts.
Is There Anything that’s Not so Great About It?
The WHD-113FSS1 has lots of user-friendly features and is useful in many situations. However, it’s not without its drawbacks.
- The freezer compartment doesn’t have any shelving. This can make it rather inconvenient to use.
- There is no built-in, automatic icemaker. When you want ice, you have to do it yourself. You are limited to making small quantities using ice trays.
- Some customers have complained that the drink holders on the door aren’t well-placed. It can be hard to extract your cans.
So, What’s the Good Stuff?
It is really not a bad product, especially if you are running on a tight budget. It also makes good sense if you use it to store foods rather than as an ice-maker.
- The doors are reversible and will open left and right—an unbeatable convenience in any cramped space.
- It has built-in drink holders on the door.
- The glass shelves in the refrigerator are removable, so you can adjust the space to your needs.
- It’s a fridge-and-freezer combo. You can chill your drinks and produce ice in the same compact space.
- The design is stand-alone and compact, so you can fit it anywhere, even in a cabinet.
- This unit is very affordable and will not make a huge dent in your finances.
What Is the Midea WHD-113FSS1 Designed For?
As we said, this is a compact fridge-and-freezer combo unit. It does everything the bigger units will do, just on a smaller scale. Its 3.1 cubic feet make it larger. It’s much more useful than a mini-fridge, but it’s still substantially smaller than a standard fridge. It is compact enough to be easily portable and will work well in any number of small spaces.
The streamlined, free-standing design mean it will fit pretty much anywhere. Tiny apartment or European-style kitchen, house-boat or RV, you can stuff it in. Cramped college dorm-rooms, home bars, and man-caves are no exceptions, either.
Will it Work in My Home Bar?
Well, that depends on lots of things. Is your home bar already constructed, or are you in the process of planning and making it? Do you already have something to keep your drinks cold? How frequently do you mix drinks and use ice? Space and your beverage habits will decide.
If your home bar is already built and space is a problem, the Midea WHD-113FSS1 could be a good solution. Stand-alone and small enough to fit under a counter, you can place it almost anywhere. It doesn’t need a water line. Being a stand-alone unit, it’s very easy to move around. If you need to move it elsewhere, you can at any time.
The only real drawback for a home bar is the lack of an automatic icemaker.
Are you an ice guzzler?
If you need lots of ice on a daily basis, then the WHD-113FSS1 is not the best option. It can only make a minimal quantity of ice daily in ice trays. If you do only a couple of iced drinks a day, then this is not really an issue.
If you’re looking for something to keep chilled drinks and snacks handy, this will work just fine. You can create space for your wine bottles by simply removing the shelves.
The Bottom Line
Whether the Midea WHD-113FSS1 is the best option for you depends on what you want it for. You already know from this Midea Whd-113fss1 review that this is a good product with a nice set of features at an affordable price.
?Check Out Current Price & Customer Reviews On Amazon?
For that small apartment or college dorm room, it should be an excellent fit. In fact, anywhere you need to keep some chilled drinks and snacks, this will work.
If you’re looking to add this to your home bar, consider your needs. If an ice maker is preferable, then there are better alternatives. Check out our review for a look at other options for the home bar.