Whether you’re hosting a barbecue, cocktail night, or just want to relax after work, there’s nothing that makes a drink cooler and more refreshing than adding some ice. Are you going to buy ice cube bags with all that single-use plastic? Worse, are you going to pay someone for a bag of ready ice—i.e., frozen water?
Best ways to thicken
Grab these compiled tricks to get that desired sauce consistency, not just for your pasta, but also for your dessert and get a bonus content that you will surely love!
You could always put some ice trays in your freezer, but as you’re spilling water everywhere and frosting up the freezer, you know that this will never produce the crystal-clear frozen sophistication you desire. Enter the ice machine.
While you can see we have a great love for some good ice in our drinks, we know that not all ice machines were created equal. Today, we’re going to review the Whynter Uim-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker.
Features of Whynter Uim-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker
The ice maker comes with the following features:
- 12 lb. of crescent-shaped ice cubes per day (24 hours) maximum output
- 6 lb. maximum ice storage capacity in the refrigerated compartment
- Automatic stop feature ensures ice production stops when the bin is full
- Completely removable ice bin
- 9 ft. x 1/4 in. food grade water line connection included
- Easy to use, one-button operation
- Built-in or freestanding installation (front venting)
- No drain required
- Sleek stainless-steel door and black cabinet
- Ice scoop and ice bin included
- Power consumption-120 W
Does it Have Any Drawbacks?
We tried to look for negative reviews.
Trawling through countless reviews, we’ve concluded that the only issues might be as follows:
- It should be professionally installed. While some people managed just fine without getting a professional installer to set up the freezer, the manufacturers do recommend this be done by a professional, and some reviewers had had accidents when they didn’t know what they were doing.
- While this unit does have a tough exterior, at the end of the day, ice maker motors have some delicate parts and need to be handled with reasonable care. A very small number of people received the freezer with some damage, most likely caused during transportation, but this was the exception, not the rule.
What Sets it Apart
Whynter is a company that is rapidly expanding in popularity, and it’s a no-brainer as to why. The brand has already developed a good reputation for customer support, which is also helped by the fact that all its products seem to last a really long time without any issues.
In our opinion, the following factors set this ice maker apart:
- Simple to use. The Whynter Uim-155 is easy to operate. All it takes is one flick of the switch, and your ice maker will start producing ice!
- Great exterior. The brushed steel exterior and black cabinet make for a modern finish that will be attractive in a contemporary kitchen.
- Compact and free-standing. While this thing apparently makes a lot of ice (and we mean a lot—1/2lb per hour!), the device is compact and can be fitted into virtually any free slot in a kitchen. Integration is even easier when you consider it doesn’t need a drain either.
- Energy-efficient. This ice maker is on the lower end of power consumption when matched against a number of its peers, which saves you money in the long run.
Who Should Buy This?
The Whynter Uim-155 is excellent for anyone who wants restaurant-quality ice on the regular. The compact, free-standing device can be fitted into most kitchens and makes a great addition to a kitchen island, so if you’ve got a nook leftover, this excellent addition is for you.
The Whynter Uim-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker has loads of great reviews, and we suspect it’ll continue to garner even more.
If you still need convincing, why not sit back and take a long sip of a drink and think about how much better it would be if you had quality ice on tap 24/7?
If you want to look at some other great selections for your home bar, check out this great list of ice makers.