Updated Oct 2023 – Countertop ovens are getting really popular these days and the Cuisinart TOB 135 is one of the most common and reliable toaster ovens available on the market.
This toaster oven is small in size and hence pretty comfortable for even a kitchen with a smaller space. You need not worry if you are planning a small party or dinner at your place. With this toaster oven, you will be able to easily cook the food you need. And the best part is it cooks even faster!
The basic purpose of having a toaster oven is to bake, toast, broil and warm up food. Almost all toaster ovens come with these features, but that does not mean that all ovens are the same or have similar features. Each one comes with its own special and interesting features that can be useful to different users for different reasons.
Here is a detailed review of the TOB-135 deluxe convention toaster oven for your toasting needs. This Cuisinart TOB 135 review can help you learn about the product and hence be able to decide whether this oven can serve your purposes or not.
This review of the toaster oven will provide information such as its specifications, its interesting features, pros and cons of the oven and any other information that you might need to know.
About the TOB 135 Cuisinart Toaster Oven
Cuisinart is one of the top brands for toaster ovens among the number of models available in the market apart from TOB 135. These different models are available at all different prices, making it convenient for you to choose one that falls within your budget. Some come with dial controls and others come with digital controls.
The price also increases when the convection option is offered in the toaster oven. As the price varies, the features of the oven also vary. So you should make a choice considering both the price and features of the toaster oven.
TOB 135 is a higher end convection toaster oven from Cuisinart, it comes with both convection and digital display. This is a small countertop convection oven and it is not too heavy either. That means it occupies less space and you should be able to handle it with ease.
This toaster oven is made of stainless steel and hence the maintenance is also quite easy. You get a warranty of 3 years from the manufacturer so you don’t need to worry too much about the product life.
You can use it to your satisfaction.
This review is going to help you learn more about the product. So, let us get started…
- Manufacturer: Cuisinart
- Model: TOB – 135
- Material: Brushed Stainless steel
- Color: Brushed Stainless Steel
- Accessories included: Broil tray, Bake Tray, Oven Rack, Crumb tray, Recipe book
- Cuisinart tob 135 dimensions: width – 18.5 inches, Depth – 15.4 inches, Height – 9.8 inches
- Capacity: 18 quart
- Weight: 17.2 lb
- Maximum Power Consumption: 1800 Watts
- Manufacturers Warranty: 3 years
- Display Type: LCD
- Timer: 2 hours or 120 minutes
- Temperature Range: 150 °F to 450 °F
There are some amazing and very useful features of this digital convection toaster oven – TOB 135. It offers you a wide range of temperature settings and timer settings, which is very important for an oven as you need to set different temperatures and time for cooking or toasting different kinds of food.
- The toast capacity is 6 slices, depending on the size of the toast it can be less or more.
- The bagel quantity is 4 to 6 and this again depends on the size of the bagel.
- The size of the pizza that you can bake in this oven is up to 12 inches.
- Chicken roasting capacity: One entire chicken can be roasted at a time up to a 4-pound chicken.
- This toaster oven comes with a quiet convection fan.
- This is one of the best features of this oven, for those people who do not want their oven to start like a jet plane.
- It can be used along with broil and bake options.
- The product claims to have four heating elements in the oven.
- But the best part of the Cuisinart toaster oven is that they use technology called Exact Heat. That means the oven will automatically adjust the heat inside the oven in order to make sure that the food is cooked properly, neither overcooked or undercooked.
- The cooking elements are faster and hence the cooking process starts quickly in this oven compared to most other ovens available on the market today.
The rack positions:
- There are two rack slots in total available and you can use them in three rack positions.
- You can use the wire rack in two ways – up and down.
- If you insert the rack in the bottom position and turn it down, then this is best for baking cookies, cake, pizza, and bread as well as roasting meat and vegetables.
- For broiling or baking thick food, you need to insert the rack in the bottom slot and turn it up.
- When the rack is turned downwards and inserted in the top slot, it is good for toasting bagels and also open-faced sandwiches.
- Cuisinart has also added a feature called rack stopper which keeps the rack from sliding away from the toaster.
- You will be able to adjust the temperature between 150 °F to 450 °F.
- The temperature for the broiler is 500 °F and you will not be able to change it.
- This toaster oven comes with an LCD display and a blue light gets lit up when you turn on the oven.
- After a few minutes of inactivity, the blue light will go off. Once you touch the on or off button again, the blue backlight will activate again.
Darkness adjustment for toasting:
- When you are making bagels or toasting, you will be able to adjust the shade or darkness levels.
- You can adjust the settings from 1 to 7, where 1 is the lightest shade and 7 is the darkest shade.
- Always even shade control is used by the Cuisinart and hence you will be able to get a consistent and even toasting experience.
- You will have to try and find the exact shade that suits your temperament, which will be saved in the memory of the toaster. The next time you use it the same level of shade will be selected automatically unless you change it.
- This toaster oven comes with a timer of 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- Most of the ovens available on the market come with 30-minute to 90-minute timers only.
- This is a pretty good time for cooking just about anything which makes it a good oven to opt for.
Preset Cooking Options
- Defrost: This option is used either before bagel or toast options. It will defrost and then go on to toast.
- Keep Warm: The temperature is steady and set to 150 °F for keeping warm.
You can use the convection fan option for further broiling and baking options.
Pros and Cons of Cuisinart TOB 135 Toast Oven
- You will be able to use this oven with ease. It comes with a dial and LCD displays. So you will be able to adjust the time and other settings with no problem.
- The toasting process is quick and even.
- You will not be able to operate it without a timer and hence there is no risk of it staying on indefinitely.
- You can easily access the crumb tray.
- The interior of the toaster oven is non-stick hence making it easy for you to clean and maintain.
- You can turn off the beeping if it’s not to your pleasure, saving you from any annoying sounds while using it.
- The Fan of the toaster oven is quite slow even when operating in convection mode.
- You have two different rack options to choose from.
- Excellent convection roasting
- During cooking, the visibility through the glass door of the oven is low. That is because there is no light inside the oven.
- The alert at the end of the cooking process is pretty low.
- The dialer of the toaster oven is very sensitive and hence there are chances of overshooting while operating it. You may sometimes find it difficult to set to a specific temperature.
- There is sometimes a problem with the LCD display, where it keeps blinking most of the time.
- There is just one oven rack provided.
Cleaning tips for the Cuisinart TOB-135
- You should always unplug the oven first before you start cleaning it.
- You should always use a damp clean cloth for cleaning the exterior of the oven and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- When cleaning the interior, you should use a damp cloth along with a mild soap solution.
- You should not wrap the cord of the oven around the oven.
- Do not use any harsh cleaners for cleaning the oven as they can damage the surface of the oven.
- You need to apply the soap solution to the damp cloth and then clean it. Do not apply the solution to the oven directly.
Based on this Cuisinart TOB 135 review, you should see that is definitely one of the best toaster ovens and a nice high-end model available from Cuisinart brand. It is quite useful for making a variety of food in no time and without stress. Whether toasting, bagels, pizza, baking cookies, baking cakes, roasting chicken, defrosting, reheating or broiling, your needs can be fulfilled by this single product. There are many amazing features that will prove quite useful to you.
This is a very user-friendly and easy to use kind of toast oven. You just need to follow the manual to operate it yourself with ease. The technology used in this toast oven is simply amazing. Features like Exact heat and exact shade are incredibly useful. These two features will make sure that the cooking process is even and consistent. Your baking and toasting tasks are now made loads easier with this handy oven.