Cooking at home is one of the most unavoidable parts of having a healthier lifestyle and you might also need a pressure cooker for that but if you wish to purchase the best pressure cooker then you must also know the difference between instant pot and fagor pressure cookers.
Both Instant pot and Fagor are brands that have been around for a very long time. These companies are known for producing some of the best pressure cookers that are available in the market currently.
However, before proceeding on to discuss some of the best pressure cookers that currently exist in the market it is first important for us to know about the various factors that you should consider before purchasing any kind of pressure cooker.
And if you wish to know about some of the dishes that you can prepare with the help of a pressure cooker then, we will also mention that in our Instant Pot vs. Fagor pressure cooker review.
What To Know Before Buying
We will now be looking at some of the specific factors that you should consider while purchasing any kind of pressure cooker
Consider the Material
A lot of companies present in the market that manufacture pressure cookers. These companies use a number of different materials and some of those common metals that are often used to make any kind of pressure cooker are stainless steel, chromium, three-ply bottom, nickel etc. In most of the cases, a combination of all these materials is used to manufacture a pressure cooker.
However, it goes without saying that every company tend to mix these metals in different proportions to serve a unique and better product than others. So, this is the biggest reason behind why you should specifically look at the metal composition that you want your pressure cooker to be made from.
The Technology and the Compatibility
In today’s day and age we have a number of technologies at our disposal. And many companies tend to use these different types of technologies to their advantage to create more better and high tech pressure cookers or other cooking equipments. However, not everybody desires or wants their cookware to be extremely high tech.
This is why it is also important for you to pick the pressure cooker of a technology that is suitable for you. Also, currently in the market you can find pressure cookers which are compatible with different stove types. So, you should also keep both these features and factors in mind before going ahead and purchasing any kind of pressure cooker.
The Safety Feature
There can be many accidents that can occur while somebody is working or cooking something in the kitchen. And hence, it is extremely important for an individual to only use cookware which are easy to use and which further come with higher safety features.
The Size and the Volume
The pressure cookers currently come in a wide range of variants of size or volume. And it is important for you to also consider this particular factor in detail before going ahead and purchasing any kind of pressure cooker.
The warranty is one of those factors that actually depict the kind of faith a company has in its products. It is also a sort of a contract of value that you enter into with a company. Hence, it is important for you to also consider the entire warranty period of any particular product before going ahead and purchasing it.
These are all the major features or factors that you should definitely consider while comparing pressure cookers or before purchasing one.
You can also prepare a number of different dishes with the help of a pressure cooker. Dishes like chicken wings, beef, brown rice, mashed potatoes, Pot roast, turkey breast, brisket, sloppy joes, and many other dishes.
The Comparison: Fagor vs Instant Pot
In this review, we will be comparing both brands of pressure cookers by visiting two models from each brand.
For the ease of our readers, we have formulated a table comparing the major features of these pressure cookers.
|Factors||Fagor 3-in-1 6 Quart Multiuse Pressure cooker||Fagor 670041970 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker, 8 Quart, Silver||Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multiuse Programmable Pressure Cooker||Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multiuse Programmable Pressure Cooker|
|Production Company||Fagor||Fagor||Instant Pot||Instant Pot|
|The Material Used||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|The Product Dimensions||11.5 x 13.5 x 13.5 Inches||13 x 13 x 16 Inches||13.19 x 12.21 x 12.48 Inches||14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31 Inches|
|The Size or Volume Variants Available||6 Quarts||Available in two variants of 6 quarts and 8 quarts||Available in three variants of 3 quarts, 6 quarts, and 8 quarts||Available in three variants of 3 quarts, 6 quarts, and 8 quarts|
|Other Significant Features||Comes with overheat protection, is dishwasher safe, self-locking lid, overpressure release, 2 control pressure valve, and has a nonstick cooking pot||Removable parts, Dishwasher safe, Nonstick cooking pot, self-locking lid, works on a power of 1000 watts, appropriate for households with 110-120 V supply||Build with the 3rd generation microprocessor technology, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom that allows even heating, works on a power of 1000 watts, appropriate for households with 110-129 V and 60 Hz of electric supply, 3 different sauté temperature, and 70% faster than other cooking pots||Comes with 14 smart programs, no chemical coating, comes with 3-ply bottom that allows even heating, build with the 3rd generation microprocessor technology, comes with 10 safety mechanisms, appropriate for households with 110-120 V and 60 Hz constant electric supply, comes with various accessories like handles, rice paddle, collector, measuring cup, and other accessories|
These are all the major differences between the pressure cookers manufactured by the companies named Fagor and Instant Pot respectively.
Instant Pot Pressure Cookers
Now let’s consider the specific features of the Instant Pot pressure cookers in detail in this section.
- This instant pot comes in three different size variants. And those three different size variants are the 3, 6, 8 Quarts
- This Instant Pot also combines the six major appliances that you need in the kitchen. And those six major appliances are the pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, and warmer
- This pressure cooker has three slow cooking preset temperatures. This device is also made with the help of the 3rd generation microprocessor technology
- There is no chemical coating in this entire Instant pot and it further consists of a 3-ply bottom. This 3-ply bottom allows for the food to be heated or cooked evenly
- This pressure cooker works on a power of 1000 watts and is also suitable for households that have a constant 110-120 V and 60 Hz of electric supply. This product comes with an LED display and can be controlled with the help of buttons
- The product comes with a total of 10 safety settings which include the thermal fuse, the electric fuse, anti-block shield, function of steam release, lid position detection, safety lid lock, overheat protection, automatic temperature control, automatic pressure control, and the function of leaky lid detection
- This multifunction pressure cooker comes in three major size or volume variants. And those three major size or volume variants are 3, 6, and 8 Quarts
- This product comprises of a total of seven appliances that you need in a kitchen regularly. And those appliances include a steamer, sauté, warmer, yogurt maker, pressure cooker, slow and rice cooker. This pressure cooker performs 70% faster than the other pressure cookers which are present in the market
- This product does not have any chemical coating. It is further made from the third generation of microprocessor technology. There is also a 3-ply bottom and this bottom allows the pressure cooker to heat everything evenly
- This pressure cooker can be used in households that get 120 V – 60 Hz constant power supply
- This product also comes with various accessories like steam rack, measuring cups, soup spoon, collector, rice paddle, and a recipe booklet
- This product is also equipped with an LED display and can be controlled with simple buttons
The pressure cooker also comes with a dual pressure setting and is also equipped with a total of ten safety control features. Those ten safety control features are leaky lid detection, anti-block shield, steam release, lid position detection, safety lid lock, automatic temperature control, overheat protection, automatic pressure control, thermal fuse, and electrical fuse.
Fagor Electric Pressure Cookers
- This pressure cooker only comes in a single size or volume variant of 6 quart
- This is an electric Multicooker that includes the functions of pressure, slow, and rice cookers
- This product is dishwasher safe and is also nonstick in its nature
- This product comes with an LED display and buttons which are easy to use
- This product also comes with the safety feature of overheat protection
- This product can be used in households that receive a constant supply of power of 110-120 V and 60 Hz
These are all the major details that you should be aware of this particular pressure cooker.
- This pressure cooker comes in two different size or volume variants. And those two different sizes or volume variants are the 6 quarts and the 8 quarts variant
- This product comes equipped with a LED display and soft button controls
- This product is dishwasher safe and nonstick in its nature
- It also has a self-locking lid
- This product can easily be used in households that receive a constant electric supply of 110-120 V. This product also has a power of 1000 watts
Now we have discussed all the various features and characteristics Fagor and Instant Pot pressure cookers. From all the data that we have gone through above, you can make a guided decision when deciding which to buy between Instant Pot vs. Fagor pressure cookers.
Instant Pot pressure cookers contain more features and advantages than Fagor pressure cookers. However, this is not to say that you should go ahead and purchase the Instant Pot pressure cookers. It is recommended that you should think carefully about your own needs and the needs of your entire family.