Last Updated Jan 2023 – It’s always a good idea to have you and your family set out on a healthier path and there are a number of Vitamix blender comparison articles that claim to set you on that path. But before you go there you need to be aware of the various aspects of blenders and healthy food items.
There are a number of things that you can include in your meals to make them more refreshing and healthy. And some of those things that you can try making in your own kitchen include the various types of milkshakes, smoothies, salad, sauces, soups, salad dressing, pudding, peanut butter, butter, sorbet, hummus, and many other food items.
However, if you really wish to add on the concept of delicious to the concept of healthy then it is important for you to get a blender. A good blender can help you in preparing a number of dishes with an increased amount of ease. And a blender can further make a number of things taste more smooth and delicious.
There are also a number of blenders that are available in the market currently from which you can choose. But it is safe to say that none of those different types of blenders can even hold a torch to the stainless steel Vitamix blenders. And today we will be comparing two of the best Vitamix blenders. And those two best blenders are the Vitamix 5300 vs. 6500.
Vitamix is one of the biggest companies that boast of producing only the best blenders. But nobody can deny the fact that there are always a few differences between all the different types of blenders that Vitamix produces. And selecting the right kind of blender can become a rather daunting task for somebody who hasn’t bought a blender before this.
This is one of the biggest reasons behind why you can find so many articles dedicated to finding out the difference between Vitamix blenders. However, here we will be limiting ourselves to only discuss the differences between the two best blenders that are produced by the Vitamix.
We’ll first be discussing how you should proceed to pick a Vitamix blender and then slowly we will proceed on to discuss the major differences of both these blenders and how they can be suited to all your blending needs.
How to Choose a Vitamix
Before we hop on to the battle of Vitamix 5300 vs. 6500 we will first be discussing how you should proceed to look for the Vitamix blenders that are good for you.
It is further suggested that you should not yet look at the various Vitamix blender comparison articles as they can be quite confusing in the starting. The various steps that you should take to select the best Vitamix blender for you are mentioned below.
What are your blending needs?
Before you go on to look for the perfect Vitamix blender for you, it is important for you to be aware of what kind of food items that you plan on preparing regularly with the help of your Vitamix blender.
You should think about whether you are looking for a blender just to prepare some smoothies or milkshakes or you are going to use your Vitamix blender to crush ice or other items that you can use to prepare your food. This step will help you in deciding about the various specific features that are associated with a blender.
The Capacity of the Blender Jar or Jug
Once you have a rather rough idea of what you are exactly going to prepare with the help of your blender then it will be easier for you to come to a conclusion as to the size of the blender jug or jar you will need.
There are a number of different capacities in which Vitamix produce their blender’s jugs and jars. And those capacities of the blender jug or jar could range from the Vitamix classic 64 oz. container or a more upgraded or a downgraded version.
The Power of the Blender
After deciding on the capacity of the blender that you need you should move on to decide about the power of the blender that you will need. There are a number of different Vitamix blenders that come in different power variants.
So, if you are looking for a blender to just make some milkshakes or mix some kinds of liquids then it is advised that you should go for a low power Vitamix blender but if you are looking to use your Vitamix blender to crush ice or some other kind of hard food item then it is advised that you should go for a Vitamix blender that has a higher power range.
The Price of the Blender
Another important aspect that you should consider before selecting any type of Vitamix blender is its price. The entire range of Vitamix blenders come in a variety of price ranges. And hence it is important for you to pick a price range that is suitable for you.
The Other Blending Features
Once you have selected or made up your mind about all the specific points that were mentioned above then you can go ahead and look for the other little features that might come with your Vitamix blender.
You can decide whether you want to go for immersion or hand blenders, if you want some kind of stainless steel Vitamix blender, or if you want a multifunctional blender that you can also use to cook various kinds of soups and perform multitudes of functions.
These are all the major points that you should consider before deciding about what kind of Vitamix blender you want. This will also help you in understanding the difference between Vitamix blenders.
Vitamix 6500 versus 5300
|The Features||Vitamix 6500||Vitamix 5300|
|The Horsepower||2.2 HP||2.2 HP|
|Jar Styles||64 oz. (low profile)||64 oz. (low profile)|
|Presence of Pulse Feature||Yes||Yes|
|The Controls||Presence of a speed knob controller that comes with the additional 3 pre-programmed settings||Presence of a variable speed knob controller only|
|Available Color Options||Available in Platinum, Black, White, and Red||Available in Red and Black|
|The Standard Warranty||7 years||7 years|
|Cord Lengths||6 ft.||6 ft.|
|The Weight||11.95 lbs.||11.95 lbs.|
|Respective Pricing||Comparatively Pricey||Comparatively Cheaper|
- The Horsepower: A horsepower is a scientific unit that basically depicts the kind of power that might be present in any particular electronic machine. And both the blenders have a similar horsepower. And a total of 2.2 horsepower lies rather on the high-end side when it comes to the blenders.
- Most of the Vitamix blenders have a horsepower of almost 2. There are also a number of real-world applications of these blenders. And some of those applications include preparation of smoothies, soups, dough, batters, ice cream, and many other food items.
- The Jar Style: Both of these Vitamix blenders have the same jar style. And this jar style of 64 oz. is rather standard which just basically mean that you can use these blenders to perform all kinds of basic functions.
- The Pulse Feature: The pulse feature is one of those features that are not present in every single blender. And this feature basically allows you to use your blender at its highest speed but when you put it in its original position then it stops.
- The Controls: This is one of the most important points in our Vitamix 5300 vs. 6500 debate. Both of these blenders come with a rather great control feature but the control feature of the Vitamix 6500 surpasses the control feature of the Vitamix 5300.
- While the Vitamix 5300 blender simply has a variable speed knob controller but the Vitamix 6500 has a variable speed knob controller that comes with the added technology of the three different pre-programmed settings. This is one of the features that set the Vitamix 6500 blender wide apart from the Vitamix 5300 blender.
- The Color Options: This is another point that can play an important role in our comparison of both blenders. The Vitamix 5300 blender comes in only two color variants. And both of those color variants are the classic black and red. But the Vitamix 6500 blender comes in a total of four color variants. And those four color variants are black, red, white, and the stylish platinum.
- The Standard Warranty: Both of the Vitamix blenders come with a standard warranty of 7 years. And this is one of the most important features that attract any user towards both of these marvelous blenders manufactured by the Vitamix.
- The Cord Length and the Weight: Both of these blenders have a cord length of 6 ft. and the weight of a total of 11.95 lbs. Both of these physical features can be quite appealing to a number of users or potential customers of the Vitamix blenders.
- The Price: This is one of the biggest factors that should absolutely be discussed in our debate of the Vitamix 5300 vs. 6500 blenders. It is important for all the readers to know that the Vitamix 5300 blender is cheaper in comparison to the Vitamix 6500 blender. You should consider this particular feature of both the Vitamix blenders before deciding on what kind of Vitamix blender you would like to buy.
* Vitamix 5300
This Vitamix 5300 blender is one of the first choices for the people who are looking to buy a blender. This blender has a number of features. And all these features can help a number of its users in making a number of food items and dishes with a relative amount of ease. And some of those important features of the Vitamix 5300 blenders are mentioned below.
- This blender has a low profile jar style. This jar has a broader jar style than the jar styles that were produced by the Vitamix before this. This feature is especially useful for users who use their blenders more often
- The Vitamix 5300 blender also comes with a rather high blending power. This basically means that the users of this blender can use their blender to perform a number of features that any other ordinary blender might fail to perform
- The Vitamix 5300 blender also produces a rather loud noise when it is being used in comparison to the Vitamix blenders that come under the G series Vitamix blenders
- This blender does not have a screen and hence, it can be rather easy to use in comparison the other blenders that are produced by the Vitamix
- This blender has a rather high performance
These are all the major features of the Vitamix 5300 blender.
* Vitamix 6500
If you are an individual who is planning on buying a new blender then it is quite obvious that you might have come across the Vitamix 6500 blender. This is one of the best blenders that are produced by the Vitamix Company and you can choose this blender to perform a number of functions that might include blending.
There are also a number of features that are present in this blender. And some of those important features of this blender are mentioned below.
- This vitamix blender allows you to be in complete control of all the various features. And this is because of the fact that the controls are extremely user-friendly and high in terms of technology
- This blender allows its users to make various types of hot soups, smoothies, or another kind of frozen desserts
- You can also decide on the kind of consistency you want your food items to be with the help of the Vitamix 6500 blender
- This blender has a 64 oz. jar style which allows you to create any medium to large batches of food items
- TheVitamix 6500 blender can help you in creating some of the best and healthiest food items
These are all the major features of the Vitamix 6500 blender.
After considering all the major points that we have discussed in our debate of the Vitamix 5300 vs. 6500 blenders it can be safely said that both of these blenders are some of the best that we have in the Vitamix range of blenders.
There are some features that are additionally present in the Vitamix 6500 blender in comparison to the Vitamix 5300 blender. But there is also a price factor to consider. Hence, you should look minutely at all your blending needs and then pick the best possible Vitamix blender for you.